The driver is responsible for
safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles ( Oxfam rented ones)
• regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
• taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations
• running official errands
• assisting with other office work and Be ready to work after working hours or for an emergency cases.
The driver performs the following tasks:
Type of the vehicles and the plate number :
Two vehicles are requested to be hired and they are as below the registration plate preferred to be Diyala:
- SUV Car the model should not be under 2010 to 2015
- Pickup Car the model should not be under 2010
• provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or program staff, official visitors and guests
• runs errands for the project, program or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
• helps with transporting goods
• completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with Oxfam standards
- Driving test is also must, the selected driver will be tested by driving with the focal person or fleet responsible person.
• cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly ( always keep the vehicle cleane)
• checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
• is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance.
• reports need for service and carries out minor repairs.
• immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
All tools and the maintenance requirements must be available inside the vehicles
- Knowledge management
• uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
- Other duties/additional tasks
• assists other colleagues as needed in the project, program or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request
- Required qualifications, competences and experience
• secondary school education
• holds a valid driver’s licence
• at least 3 years’ work experience as a driver with references
• no major accidents in the past 2 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
• good knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish language, knowledge of English is an advantage
• discipline and punctuality
• resilience and patience
• familiarity with Diyala city ( All related Areas and Oxfam intervention areas) and overland travel in northern Diyala and KRG And the driver preferably from Khanaqin.
• appropriate appearance and attire (friendly manner with all passengers)
• ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately
• willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Kindly note that the selection process will be on a rolling basis. Due to the urgency of the position, Oxfam reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
The application after the deadline is not considered.
The application only should be a WORD-PDF format.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this job, please visit the job advert using the below link:
External Web Site: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/12844/description
Internal Web Site: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/internal/vacancy/12844/description