About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, aftercare services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the job title:
The HR Officer is a full-time position based in HQ- Erbil with some travel to other sites within KRI. The HR Officer will support the work of SEED’s management, perform a full range of HR duties, and support administrative requirements for the office.
- Maintain employee files (soft and hard copies)
- Prepare and make job offers and prepare employee contracts
- Update HR databases
- Maintain human resource records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications
- Prepare payroll and maintain/update absences, leave, overtime, etc.
- Prepare paperwork for HR policies, update policy and forms working with management
- Prepare, organize and implement orientation for new employees, working with management and program staff; disseminate onboarding packages, and explain SEED’s organizational policies
- Administer medical insurance, and disability programs by advising employees of eligibility; providing application information; helping with form completion; verifying submission; notifying employees of approvals
- Prepare exit interviews and procedures, and make sure all paperwork and final payments for departing employees
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant paperwork and information
- Coordinate HR meetings, seminars, and required training
- Manage performance evaluation process/ Performance Reviews.
- Oversee the Recruitment Process
- Organizing administrative and logistical aspects of office activities and events, including workshops, meetings, and book the meeting rooms accordingly.
- Manage and monitor the availability of accessories, equipment, stationery, office supplies, office stock, and placing orders as required.
- Assist the Sr. Operations Manager in ensuring that all staff adheres to SEED regulations and follows SEED standards in their daily work.
- Updating policies and procedures as required.
- Ensure that operational services and contracts are maintained and renewed accordingly (rent, utilities, internet, NCCI), etc.
- Ensure timely payments for operational costs such as rent, service fees, utilities, and any organizational memberships.
- Maintain the organizations’ filing system for Admin documentation and ensure contracts (rent, utilities, and services) are updated on time.
- Maintain and update the online database on Google Drive.
- Obtaining travel visas for new employees.
- Follow-up on Expat staff Residency.
- Maintain and update the online databases on Google Drive for relevant Admin related work.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining records and databases
- Coordinating building and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, etc.) and updating (cleaning, painting, etc.)
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
- Ensure that relevant data regarding admin are kept confidential and only communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- General administrative tasks, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or any other related degree.
- Three years of experience as an HR Officer.
- Experience in supporting a team of at least 80 personnel.
- At least one year of experience in preparing payroll, and contracts.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- High standard of spoken and written English and Arabic or Kurdish.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Salary benefits and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Admin and HR Officer” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.