In his/her capacity as Tdh representative, the Admin Assistant is responsible to organize Financial and administrative activities for the base of Kirkuk and provide support to the projects being implemented.
S/he supports and implements the admin and finance procedures respecting Tdh mandate and commitments and international standards
· Update the BFU/FMT with list of expenses and send it for Base manager review
· Liaise with relevant head of departments for the BFU forecasts and updates and ensure close monitoring of the budget balance Vs spending
· Coordinate with admin finance officer for any issue related to BFU and highlight pro-actively any potential issue
· Preparation of the monthly cash request for Base Manager review and approval
· Liquidation of the cash advances
· Upload the books on saga on time with correct budget code, budget line and account etc…
· Cash count on weekly basis with the finance Assistant and twice a month with the base manager
· Ensure and supervise the archiving of the accounting records according to Tdh procedures after a final verification of the completion of the file
B. Human Resources
· Prepare the payroll of Kirkuk staff and responsible of issuing salary slips
· Timely and accurate follow up in coordination with the HR assistant regarding staff contract, attendance, leave….
· Ensure Tdh internal procedures are in place and understood by all staff members
· Support the HR assistant if needed/when requested
C. Administrative management and support
· Guarantee security confidentiality of information
· Carry out all the administrative activities relevant to his/her mission
· Adhere to and enforce current administrative regulations and procedures
· When necessary booking of hotel accommodation for national staff
· When necessary assist the logistics team in booking conference rooms for workshops and other activities of staff
· Provide weekly report on current week’s activities and plans for coming weeks to the admin officer and field coordinator .
· Supervision of national regulations (tax, currency etc) in his/her area of responsibility
· Regularly exchange information with his/her manager
E. Networking / external coordination
· Always keep in close contact with respective local government department to ensure their active participation for effective implementation of the programme activities as well as proper use of resources
· In general, make sure that a positive and professional image of Tdh is conveyed. In particular, ensure that Tdh’s mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values and views are followed in relation to third parties
· Coordinate with Bank for opening staff accounts and following any update
Accepts new responsibilities as and when those are assigned by the line manager/s.
The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, pacifist, proactive, committed and – during office hours – non-political. S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions. S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his/her voice when required. S/he is willing to improve own capacities and is open for all topics Tdh is working on to actively contribute to a comprehensive programme implementation.
S/he uses Tdh equipment, vehicles and premises, internet and electricity economically and responsibly. S/he positively represents Tdh to beneficiaries, stake holders and the general public.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities, and our own Staff
Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in a similar position.
- Diploma/bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or any other relevant field.
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish is essential. Spoken and written English is required.
- Management capacity and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Computer knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel is essential.
- The ability to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
Due to the nature of Tdh work activities, Tdh demand to his employee to have highest discretion and flexibility qualities. Tdh can anytime according to the needs of his mission, change the work location of his employee. Tdh can at any time update tasks on this Job Description according to the evolution of the program or strategy changes. The above listed tasks are not exhaustive, the employee can be asked to undertake other tasks by the employer according to the competencies, to work over settings time.
Application should contain the following two attachments: CV and Cover letter.
Application should be submitted to " [email protected] " with writing the exact subject (AdminAssist - Shirqat). Otherwise CV not be accepted.
- Applications will be review on-rolling basis.
- Sending CV with Link will be disregarded.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position