Overall job purposes
Under the supervision of the Base Manager, the Admin Manager carries out administrative, accounting, financial and Human Resources management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and Tdh procedures and local legislation.
He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers.
He/she is also one of those in charged with ensuring that Tdh’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base.
1. Administrative management of personnel
- Assists in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing;
- Carries out the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base, with support of the HR related staff on board;
- Supervises the archiving, handling and security of Tdh personnel files
- Ensures that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel;
- Applies the formalities related to sanctions / disciplinary measures and termination or breach of contract based on given authority in coordination with Field Coordinator;
- Assists in defining and applying Tdh’s salary and social policies;
- Evaluates risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies;
- Conducts meetings and communication with personnel at base level;
- Tracks the cost of living;
- Updates the mission organization chart for the base;
2. Team management
- Defines the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruits according to the allocated resources;
- Ensure recruitment requests processed further as per the rules and regulations;
- Trains, supports and evaluates the administrative team at his/her assignment base;
- Plans and supervises the activities of the administrative team;
- Ensure the technical support and training (by using check list and accountancy board) in terms of accountancy management to his/her team
- Ensure the GAP filling of any admin/finance/HR staff when needed.
3. Cash-flow/ bookkeeping
- Manages his/her base's cash-flow and ensures that banks and cash boxes are well supplied;
- Manages transfers and monitors the security of funds;
- Formulates cash-flow forecasts with the Logistics Officer and the Program Managers, responsible for the treasury forecast of the base office;
- Ensure the high quality of cash management at base office level, in accordance with security consideration and program needs;
- Ensure the spread, adherence and monitoring of Tdh’s procedures in the area of the financial management;
- Validates all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Tdh procedures;
- Supervises account keeping at his/her base, and monitors cash balances
- Monitors bank books for his/her base and supervises the safe and cash boxes;
- Ensures observance of compliance of the documentations of the actions related to administration and finance;
- Prepares and supervises the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base;
- Verifies the accounting files before they are sent to coordination office, ensures the respect of all accountancy deadlines;
- Contribute to donor audits, annual audits, and conduct regular internal spot checks;
- Acting compliance focal point at the base, ensures prevention of financial fraud;
4. Budgetary / financial monitoring
- Updates allocation boards for his/her base;
- Updates and analyses budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams and updates the FMT/admin BFUs accordingly;
- Makes connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress;
- Monitors functioning costs at his/her assignment base;
- Oversees adherence to donor administrative procedures;
- Support the Administrative Coordinator in formulating financial reports, budgets for new projects and carrying out audits;
5. Reporting/ communication
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitors regulations in force;
- Takes part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represents Tdh on request and/or by order;
- Supervises the sending of administrative files to the Coordination Office;
- Ensures administrative and financial reports are sent to the Coordination Office according to Tdh administrative calendar;
- Communicates with the Field Coordinator and Liaison Officer for security updates.
6.HR payroll and management
- Supervise national staff recruitment process. Conduct CVs longlisting, reference check, HQ screening and interviewing all candidates for senior positions;
- Prepare national staff contracts and/or amendments when necessary;
- Prepare payroll for the base. (including pay slips and time sheets);
- Timely update of all HR information in the database to ensure correct; calculation of the payroll, such as contract amendments, annual leave forms, staff timesheets, disciplinary memos etc;
- Follow the all staff leave balance, approval of specific/unpaid leaves (if any);
- Agrees to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and promotes Child Safeguarding policy;
- Reports serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected;
- Adhere to and enforce current administrative regulations and procedures;
- Works in close collaboration with operational projects and departments;
- In his/her professional activities, adhere to the values defined in the strategic plan: commitment, expertise, integrity and self-reliance;
- Work in different cultural backgrounds and in difficult situations, deal with confrontation due to differences (intercultural);
- Professional diploma or university degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Audit.
- Previous experience with NGO is mandatory.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position.
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Knowledge of SAGA will be an added advantage
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Languages: - Fluent in English (written and spoken) ,Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Knowledge of Iraqi context would be a distinct advance
Application Process and Deadline:
Application should contain the following two attachments:
- Cover letter (Word or PDF) addressed to Tdh and earliest date of availability
- Curriculum Vitae including two up to date and recent references
Candidates may apply by email, sent to: email@example.com
Please add the Ref in the heading: Admin / Finance Manager – Telafar
The deadline is 23 February 2020 , by 5.00 pm.
Only short-listed applications will subsequently be called for interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The short listed candidates will have to travel at their own expense to the place of recruitment. No compensation whatsoever will be given for transport or other.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer the post before the closing date.