PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. Currently present in Iraq since 2017, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in Wash sector in Mosul region.
Goal / Purpose:
The Cash-Based Intervention Supervisor will coordinate a team of Cash-Based Intervention Officers, in order to set up Cash-Based Intervention (CBI) activities, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
Cash-Based Intervention activities can include the following (depending on SI ongoing projects): Cash-for-Work, Unconditional/Multi-purpose Cash Transfer, Conditional Cash transfer through direct monetary transfer or vouchers (shops and fairs) and any other modality based on cash transfer.
List of main tasks:
Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly Cash-Based Intervention activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Project Manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers...)
- Plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means...)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team (Cash-Based Intervention officers), tasks assigned by his/her Project Manager: community mobilization and participation, needs assessment, beneficiaries/suppliers selection, presentation of the activities, sensitization – mobilization, orientation of beneficiaries/suppliers, organization and implementation of CBR activities and trainings, technical support to the beneficiaries/suppliers.
- Take into account Do No Harm and Protection matters in the design, implementation and monitoring of all activities, identify possible related-risks and enforce mitigation measures under the supervision of his/her Program Manager,
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Project Manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed.
- Supervise the collection and monitoring of the results indicators: baseline – endline and KAP surveys, market assessments and post- distribution monitoring.
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Project Manager.
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions.
- Liaise with the population to understand needs, complaints and major events that may have an impact on the activities of Solidarites International and report to his/her Project Manager.
- Monitor and collect information about the humanitarian situation in his/her working area, especially regarding food security, livelihoods and social-economics.
Logistics and Administration
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Project manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members on Cash-Based Intervention modalities and how to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered or provided in all activity implementation locations.
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site.
Reporting / communication
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Project Manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her Project Manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her project manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in Cash Based Projects
- Arabic and English Fluency
- High IT Skills
Please send by email your application (CV, cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention in the subject of your email: CBI Team Leader
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that candidatures with CV and cover letters written in Arabic will not be considered.