The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, child Protection and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC's assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country, and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, SAD, Anbar and Mosul.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the guidance of the CP Manager, the child protection senior officer provide local partner staff with technical guidance, ongoing supervision & support. The Senior CP officer will ensure case workers fulfill their required reporting & documentation requirements. He/she will be based in Ramadi with 50% travel to Faluja field. Occasional travel to Erbil may also be required.
- Reporting: Provide regular updates about CP activities to the CP manager. Ensure all CP staff document their work thoroughly and on an ongoing basis.
- Capacity Building: Support the CP manager in the facilitation of relevant internal & external trainings as required. Give feedback to the CP manager about staff training needs.
- Internal Coordination: Coordinate with other IRC thematic areas (internal referral pathways, joint assessments, collaboration in the field) in coordination with the CP manager.
- External Coordination: Coordinate with other agencies on the ground as needed for the successful implementation of the program activities.
- Conduct regular supervision sessions and support peer-to-peer learning sessions.
- Provide continuous feedback to the CP manager on any challenges in the work implementation to be addressed directly with corrective steps/measures if needed.
- Coordinate and implement consistent monitoring and evaluation of partner’s child protection activities with the support of the child protection.
- Ensure compliance with IRC policies and protocols of confidentiality, respect and safety.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of child protection laws, policies and practice in the Kurdish region of Iraq.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor.
- Represent IRC in Ramadi level relevant meetings and actively participate in cluster coordination meetings in project location.
Documentation, Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure all activities are documented as required.
- Provide CP manager with input into monitoring and evaluation system on a regular basis.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: CP Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: supply chain team, finance team, HR team
External: UNICEF, UNHCR, SCI, ACTED and other relevant CP actors
- Education: Bachelor degree in relevant field. Education, social work preferred
- Work Experience: At least three years of prior professional experience in child protection. Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards establishing administrative procedures and protocols that will ensure optimal functioning of the team.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and non-judgmental approach.
- Language Skills: Good command of written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Experience working with an NGO
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to email@example.com.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link below;
Closing date; 18-Oct-2021