CDO is implementing ‘’Peace and Development Horizon in Arbat area for the Welfare of All’’ project in partnership with UPP and DHRD at the Sociocultural Center in Arbat town. The project is funded by German Cooperation-KFW and UNDP under the Iraqi Crisis Response Resilience Programme-ICRRP which is led by UPP.
This project aims to:
- Develop leadership, management and advocacy skills of Arbat youth and women (IDPs, Host Community and refugees) to promote a participatory approach for addressing community issues and needs.
- Provide psychosocial support and required community-based services.
- Conduct peace activities and cultural/sports initiatives to promote trust building and social cohesion among the host community, IDPs and Syrian refugees.
Overall tasks and responsibility
- Prepare bi-weekly reports of the performed activities as per UPP/CDO’s reporting standards to the Project Manager.
- Provides support in the registration of participants to courses and other activities in the center in coordination with teachers, trainers and other project’s staff.
- Reports any complaint or recommendation from the beneficiaries to the Project Manager.
- Assists the project team in the organization of events in the center.
- Communicate regularly with the Project manager for updates on achievements and challenges.
- Ensures proper documentation of the activities such as preparing attendance sheet, taking notes, feedback from the participants, shooting photos.
- Monitors equipment and objects used for developing the project in the Community Center.
- Act at all times according to guiding principles of CDO’s code of conducts.
- Fluency in oral and written Kurdish Sorani and Arabic. Good command of English is strongly desirable.
- Good computer skills (Office package, in particular Word and Excel – e-mail).
- Knowledge of Arbat area.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate with people from different backgrounds.
- Previous experience in dealing with public and beneficiaries in organizations or institutions.
- Good organizational skills.
Qualified candidates can send CV to:
- Please don’t forget to indicate position in the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates from Arbat town will be contacted for potential interview.
- The deadline of receiving CV is September 14, 2019.