Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-H is currently recruiting for a Driver, in Hawija/ Abbasi.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver's position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her specialty and as requested by their supervisor.
- Ensure the security rules are well-known and followed when passing through roadblocks, checkpoints, etc
- Daily checking of car daily bases and request to refuel the vehicle as per MSF policy.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle contains all neesseracy vehicle, movement documents and the tools such as NoC letter , Checkpoint apporals ,Logbook, disclaimer forms, complete emergency medical kit, Vehilce tools (jack, straps, ropes, etc.) and reserve equipment specified in the Logbook
- In the event that the aforementioned document and any equipment is missing or faulty, immediately inform the line manager.
- Ensure that there is always an extinguisher easily accessible in vehicle and know how to use it.
- Ensuring that all movement documents are complete, current and in order before the movement.
- Helping with the loading and unloading of the car, and support the supply team if necessary
- Comply the speed limit of MSF and countruy trafic rules in the different areas like Highway, urban, villages
- Make sure passenegrs follow the safety and security like, wearing seat belts, only MSF stafff travels in car and no paasenger back of pickup etc.
- Fix term contract if non DOH staff is hired and service agreement if DOH staff is hired (applicants working with government institutions must provide unpaid leave/Non objection certificate before any selection decision made by MSF).
- Intended start date: February, 2022
- Location: Hawija/ Abbassi
- Department: Logistic
- Activity rate: 100%
Essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads
• Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
• Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4x4, )
• Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
Mission language and local language essential and Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
• Good knowledge of mission area roads
• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Stress Management L2
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation and any relevant certificates) to:
Email: email@example.com (please indicate in the subject “ Driver”).
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit any relevant certificate.
Preference will be given to local candidates
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION: Sunday 23rd January 2022 (10:00 am)