JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – Education Officer - Bartella
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental, non-profit organization based on the ideas of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be the basic values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have a right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We have been providing aid in troubled regions and supporting respect for human rights since 1992. Over the past 20 years, we have grown into one of the largest NGOs in Central Europe. We focus on humanitarian aid, development cooperation, human rights and social integration programs.
People in Need is looking for a self-motivated, well experienced Education Officer - Bartella
Place of work: Will be based in Bartella office.
The Employee particularly:
- Responsible for managing and supervising education and PSS activities implemented by school personnel and community members in the project locations;
- Field activities assigned by Project Coordinator and /or Project Manager
- Support the visibility of the project
- Provide feedback and advice to improve the quality of activities.
- Supervision of school supervisors
- Conduct training for education facilitators
- Logistic coordination
- Facilitation of PPS/ recreational activities
- Liaising with school staff and community members.
- Monitoring distributions
- Translating from/to English.
- Writing of reports, preparing spreadsheets
- Support the implementation of projects
- Attending coordination meetings
The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his specialization. In case of urgent work and suchlike the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays.
In case that larger amount of different tasks is to be fulfilled by the Employee at the same time, the Employee shall accomplish the urgent and more important duties first.
The Employee is especially responsible for
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of tasks
- Correctness and completeness of given tasks
- Prompt providing of all relevant information to Project Coordinator and/or Project Manager, Coordination with Supporting departments
- Archiving of all entrusted and acquired documents in proper manner
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
Education: Background in education / psychology.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in Education sector, work experience for NGO an asset
- Project reporting in English
- Good knowledge of dealing with children and teachers,
- Knowledge on child protection
- Liaising with school staff and community members an asset
- Experience in management of people and projects requirement.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills, highly organized, result-oriented, responsible and reliable manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, proactive and independent working style.
- Good understanding of community participation and ability to communicate with impact and respect.
- Knowledge and experience in Education and PSS.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
English: Medium English skills, knows the I/NGO Terminology language, writing reports.
Applications should include following documents:
- Detailed CV in pdf format with contact details
- Mobile phone contact
- At least 2 references
- Contact details for last employer
Please send the applications by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Education Officer - Bartella” by latest 31.05.2019. PIN might contact chosen applicants before mentioned deadline. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.