Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Ensure the day to day management of works and demands related to his field of expertise for all Energy and Cold Chain activities. The activities include the construction phase and the project development phase prior to construction.
Coordinate, implement and supervise, ensuring all technical, financial and scheduling aspects (technical aspects, drawings, design, project costing and close supervision), Energy and Cold Chain activities in the project, according to MSF protocols and under the supervision of the Logistics Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Energy assessment in collaboration with the Energy Manager, identifying electrical needs and recommending appropriate responses
- Provide support to the logistical and medical teams in the identification, implementation and monitoring of the energy activities in all MSF structures according to the protocols of MSF
- Ensure the implementation of Energy strategy and policies for all MSF structures and outreach activities (safety of installations)
- Ensure the physical organization of materials and tools used in Energy activities (Stock inventories; Receiving, processing and quality control of relevant material; Check that the amounts received are recorded; Monthly consumption follow up)
- Manage the technical teams involved in electrical activities (medical structures and community based related activities). Ensure the site supervision and project management for all construction and/or rehabilitation works related to electrical activities.
- Participate in the cost estimation follow up, quality control and implementation for all electrical and cold chain works
- Support in the administrative part (contract management, market assessment, renewal of documentation etc.) for the activities related to his field of expertise
- Ensure compliance to the Mission policies, procedures, protocols related to his respective technical family for all electrical installations and activities
- Support in the development of the Energy budget (Annual planning process and Budget revision/forecast)
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organize and coordinate the activities of team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Analyze the needs for electrical works related to construction and ensure the planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet project needs (medical and non-medical structures)
- Ensure the site supervision and project management for all electricity works related to construction
- Ensure the physical organization of materials and tools used in construction activities (Stock inventories; receiving, processing and quality control of orders for construction material; Check that the amounts received are recorded)
- Support in the evaluation of the availability of services and quality of performance of local contractors
- University degree in Electrical engineering: essential
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook): essential
- Proficient user of AutoCAD drawing program: desirable
- Other experience in similar position for at least 2 years (supervision of electrical works in construction site, development of technical drawings, team management): essential
- MSF experience: desirable
- Arabic: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential
Please send cover letter & CV preferably in English, Diploma, copies of ID card to email@example.com
Or submit your application in the MSF CV box located in MSF CPOC- Behind Al Salam Hospital
Please write the job title “Energy Supervisor” on your application and in e-mail subject line.
The deadline for application is 01 August 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.