SWEDO is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious development aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. Having continuously operated in the Kurdistan Region ever since, SWEDO’s main priorities of work are construction and infrastructure activities, refugee and IDP initiatives, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and capacity building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage calendars and provide administrative, writing and research support to the Directors;
- Organize, coordinate and schedule meetings, events and conferences;
- Take notes at meetings as requested and ensure follow-up items are communicated to the appropriate parties;
- Manage expense accounts, assist with SWEDO Iraq budget related activities and process invoices and payments;
- Facilitate travel arrangements and liaising with related departments;
- Ensure all information and papers relating to the Country Director’s meetings are provided prior to the meeting in a well ordered and properly presented manner;
- Ensure that all enquiries and correspondence are dealt with promptly and effectively;
- Produce letters, reports and documents (including confidential items);
- Ensuring the efficient management of information, including making sure that electronic and paper records systems are well maintained;
- Act as an Office Assistant by keeping up with office supply inventory;
- Organize and maintain the office filing system.
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Administration;
- At least one to two years of experience in the Executive Assistant position or field;
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish Languages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook email;
- Good management, administrative and communication skills;
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team and individual;
- Be very flexible regarding time, tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line must read: S-IR-VA-20091, Executive Assistant, Erbil
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements o received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply