To ensure the work of the Integration and Promotion of the Law (IPL) department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. The FAS/PGE program manager works in the Baghdad delegation, FAS unit, under the responsibility of the FAS/PGE delegate. The FAS unit in Baghdad is in charge of the relationship with the arms carriers in Iraq. The PGE team insures the link with the ministry of interior. In addition, you will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC PGE Delegate in Baghdad:
1. To help the police and gendarmerie (PGE) delegate to identify and build a network of contacts with the Iraqi police and security forces, relevant authorities in Iraq and relevant international programs and initiatives;
2. To promote a better understanding of the ICRC and its mandate to the authorities and any other relevant stakeholder;
3. In coordination with the delegate, to work on promoting and implementing applicable law with the police and security forces in Iraq;
4. To assist the PGE delegate in disseminations and workshops or to deliver them autonomously.
5. To Keep informed of the overall political, security, military and humanitarian situation in Iraq and provide analysis of this information;
6.To replace the PGE delegate during his/ her absence if needed/ requested and helps to organize missions in the field;
7. Builds and maintains a network of contacts with the Iraqi police and security forces and other relevant actors of influence;
8. Takes notes meetings and contributes to reports and minutes;
9. Writes project proposals, plans of actions and follows the implementation of the programs;
10. Assist in the organization of seminars, presentations and meetings for the benefit of Iraqi police and security forces, with the possibility of performing these activities independently in the future;
11. Interprets from English to Arabic and vice versa during seminars presentations, meetings and discussions with the interlocutors;
12. Contributes to the development and production of dissemination and training tools;
13. Coordinates and follows up with the other staff on issues and activities linked to integration and promotion
Required Qualifications and Experience:
1. A university degree or a degree from a police college or military college and at least 10 years of service in the police with a minimum rank of captain Or a Master degree and a minimum of seven years of working experience in the fields of security, police or Law.
2. Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and English.
3. Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
1. Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds;
2. Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
3. Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
4. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
5. Ability to work under pressure;
6. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
1. Good analytical skill.
2. Good ability to speak in public.
3. Experience in training or teaching.
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
1. A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
2. The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
3. Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should forward the following to (BAG_hrservices@icrc.org)
1. Updated Curriculum Vitae
2. A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
3. Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq. Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply. _______________________________________________________________________________________ The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).