Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-H is currently recruiting for a Female Data Entry Operator, in Hawija/ Abbassi.
- Enter medical data (e.g. patient data, dates of visit, content of prescription, viral load, etc.) in mission’s database on a regular basis and according to MSF protocols.
- Participate in compilation of data both from MSF structures and from collaborating health facilities.
- Participate in the search for missing data.
- Update files of existing patients and make any corrections needed.
- Make regular back-ups of all data processed.
- Look after all equipment provided and keep recording area clean and tidy, giving special importance to all patient files.
- Report any issue concerning data management to superior
- Elaborate statistical reports when required by the medical team.
- Ensure, promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all information registered.
- Welcome patients, inform them about how the facility functions, and ensure the availability of a comfortable waiting area for them and their relatives.
- Ensure good flow of patients, avoiding overcrowded rooms and having patients standing up for long time while waiting for their turn.
- Bring any patient with an obviously serious medical problem to the attention of the medical assistant/doctor.
- Identify patients and register their administrative details. The associated activities are, amongst others:
- Create and update files for patients according to protocols, and ensure maintaining and filing system in good condition.
- Ensure, maintain and promote confidentiality regarding all information registered.
- Keep record of daily attendance, next appointment, exits (cured, lost to follow-up, death or transfer), waiting list (if any), and collaborate with the outreach team in their tracing of defaulters to ensure they come back.
- Report daily to the hierarchical superior about daily/weekly admissions, lost to follow-up.
- Ensure proper documentation and patient filing system based on the SoPs.
- To remind patients 1 day before their appointment by making a phone call or SMS.
- At the end of the day to check which patients missed their appointments and make a call to patients with scheduling the new appointment.
- To ensure that files are sent for entry.
- Enter data to EMR, HIS, Excel tools when needed.
- To identify, document and enter to the EMR all patients who fits to outcome “Lost to follow-up”
- Maintain good and respectful communication with staff and patients
- Fix term contract if non DOH staff is hired and service agreement if DOH staff is hired (applicants working with government institutions must provide unpaid leave/Non objection certificate before any selection decision made by MSF).
- Intended start date: February, 2022
- Location: Hawija/ Abbassi
- Department: Medical
Secondary education essential.
Degree in the field of social sciences, such as psychology and sociology is desirable.
Previous experience with INGOs is an asset.
Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
• Able to learn and use software used for recording (i.e. Excel tools, EMR, HIS etc.)
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service, analytical skills, ability to work independently
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation and any relevant certificates) to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject “Female Data Entry Operator”)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit any relevant certificate.
Preference will be given to local candidates
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION: Sunday 23 January 2022 (10:00am)