To build an Iraqi, free, democratic community in which justice & peace prevails. As well as to achieve independence, impartiality and transparency of governmental and legislative Iraqi institutions.
- To support and strengthen community participation in political process and communication with legislative and executive institutions.
- To increase transparency and accountability of governmental and legislative institutions’ activities so as to enhance their performance.
- To build peace and national unity, spread dialogue culture and peaceful coexistence in the community.
- To build and develop organizational capacities for Local CSO/NGO and enable them to act independently and at high professionalism.
The organization was established on May 2003 in Mosul. It is an NGO, non-profit, social, humanitarian, independent and neutral.
The organization implemented a number of raising-awareness campaigns which dealt with Iraqi constitution, parliamentary council role, democratic and electoral awareness, awareness regarding risks of financial and administrative corruption as well as provoking voters in Ninewa to participate in elections.
It also took part in monitoring elections of national assembly in 2005. It lead a coalition on NGOs in Ninewa through ACT network which monitored referendum on constitution process, voters’ registry as well as elections of provincial and parliamentary elections.
The organization implemented a number of initiatives that contributed to strengthening communication and dialogue between citizens and local government; in addition to enabling people to participate in local decision making process, as well as reinforcing transparency and accountability in Ninewa, elections monitoring, observing government performance, combating administrative and financial corruption, strengthening relationship between citizens and local government, and to build peace and national unity.
Purpose /Objectives of the position:
The Field Activities Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of the project and operations’ activities and adherence to the logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures.
S/he works in close cooperation with the Project Manager for the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of all the project components.
- Oversee the running of the 5 Location and 1 Community base formed Teams, including management of the CBC’s, support staff and coordination with the program staff at the central office level;
- Ensure that TAD procedures and the Donor regulations applicable to the project with regards to program, logistics, security, HR and administration are fulfilled;
- Establish mechanism to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the field activities and ensure coordination and info sharing among the project components and stakeholders;
- Facilitating and supervise implementation of informal activities, catch-up classes, recreational activities, Awareness sessions and trainings.
- Organizing trainings, workshops and awareness raise campaigns on project in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Developing and supervising need assessment activities related to Project in coordination with partners, coordinating team made.
- Assist the Project Manager, in close cooperation with the Finance Officer and Logistics Officer, with the planning, authorization and reporting of the expenses at field level;
- Supervise, gather and deliver the financial requests from the Teams, ensuring transparency of the procedures and cost-effectiveness for the goods and the services received;
- Regularly assess CBC’s performance, needs and eventual gaps during project implementation and under the supervision of the Project Manager facilitate corrective measures and propose eventual new interventions;
- Supervise data collection, verify source of information and prepare timely and accurate Project Progress Reports as required;
- Represent the organization at Local coordination meetings, actors and local authorities, when requested;
- Liaise with local/national authorities and other actors as needed to facilitate achievement of project objectives;
- Liaising with teachers and learners to assess the quality of the Project.
- Managing of incentive for staff: transfer, payment ... etc.
- Perform any other task not here listed and necessary for the implementation of the project activities or the mission program as requested by the Project Manager or Programmes team.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Minimum one-year professional experience in role of coordination;
- Proven ability to work as team leader;
- Demonstrated commitment to humanitarian principles;
- Strong understanding of the situation of protection context in Ninewa governorate.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Strong Arabic skills, written and spoken.
- Strong report writing skills
- IT knowledge and skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of TAD’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches Application Process.
If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, Applicants may submit their CVs and cover letter as well as their address, Telephone number, and contact information to HR@altahreer.org on or before the closing date (16 October 2019).please write the position title (Field Coordinator) in the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.