Job Title, Level: Field Monitor Assistant (two positions)
Start Date: July 21, 2019
Level of Effort: Full-time through August 2020 (subject to funding)
Project title: Returnees, IDPs and Vulnerable Iraqis Attain Livelihoods (RIVAL)
Domiciled: Sumel district of Dahuk and Telkaif district of Ninewa.
Reports to: MEL Manager (this is a monitoring, evaluation and learning position)
Number direct reports: None
JDA seeks an experienced field manager who can conduct Cash for Work activities, livelihood grant administration and manage contractors; and agricultural activities. Because this position will interact with the primarily Chaldean people group, preference will be given to candidates from the project area of Telskof or Batnaya or based at the furthest in Dahuk city.
Write a short statement explaining why you have the skills and experience to fill this role, and why you want the job. Submit the statement with your CV.
RIVAL (Returnees, IDPs and Vulnerable Iraqis Attain Livelihoods) is a two-year livelihoods program funded by the US State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) and implemented by ZOA (Dutch NGO) and JDA. As agriculture plays a key role in the livelihoods of the target beneficiaries, the program focuses on rebuilding the agricultural activities in the targeted villages as a backbone of sustainable re-settlement of beneficiaries. The program will also create conditions in Telkaif district to enable resettlement and improve the socio-economic status of vulnerable groups of IDPs, returnees and host community members in Telkaif in Ninewe and Sumel in Dahuk through the provision of emergency livelihood opportunities. JDA’s role in RIVAL consists of six components under three broad economic development objectives. These activities will reach 3,500 direct beneficiaries.
Objectives of the position:
The Field Monitor Assistant supports all Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)-related aspects of the project and coordinates with the team to monitor and collect data. He or she collects data on both qualitative and quantitative level and ensures the proper processing of collected information. The Field Monitor Assistant further ensures the monitoring of activities through regular field visits and the regular communication with the Head of M&E unit. The work will be carried out in Sumel District of Dahuk, and in Telkaif District of Ninewa.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in community mobilization, beneficiary survey and registration
- Carry out assessments, M&E data collection (Baselines, Tracking and Post- Distribution)
- Conduct frequent field visits to the project’s activity sites to collect quantitative data,
- Conduct qualitative data collection through frequent visits to the field and have focused and well-structured discussions with the beneficiaries,
- Ensure that all field-data is collected in a timely and efficient manner while emphasizing accuracy and
- Ensure that collected data for M&E purposes are handled in the proper way and according to methods and via tools designed and implemented by M&E
- Understand all aspects of each activity he/she monitors and identify areas of improvement and strengths
- Ensure that activities are carried out according to JDA policies and the correct procedures are followed throughout the time of
- Identify any apparent issues in the program and report them to M&E manager
- Working throughout areas of Sumel District of Dahuk, and in Telkaif District of
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Respond to queries for information; scan documents, print files, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, consideration and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background,
- Ability to work systematically, use initiative, good judgment, and to communicate complex matters both orally and in writing,
- Ability to perform field assignments independently,
- Experience with mobile data collections tools like Open Data Kit (ODK) and/or Kobo,
- Good Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook),
- Good organizational and time management skills,
- Participates in meetings with program staff to reflect on findings,
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish (writing and speaking), Kurdish is preferred (speaking); English is preferred.
- Degree in social science, political science, agriculture, computer science or related field.
- Professional experience in a field relevant to the position in a comparable position, preferably with an (international) NGO or international development organization,
- Excellent use of technology related to data
- People of the Sumel and Telkaif district are strongly encouraged to
- Agreement with and commitment to abide by the thirteen JDAI values
- Willing to travel to remote districts and villages
- Keep information confidential
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Interested applicants are invited to send their updated resumes and a cover letter to the email address below.
Applicants must write [Field Monitor Assistant ] in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.