The GIZ Private Sector Development Project supports the Government of Iraq to develop its private sector with the objective to create more job opportunities for young people. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organisation active in 130 countries with over 19.000 employees. More information about GIZ are accessible via www.giz.de.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for:
Assisting in the Financial tasks for PSD project in Basra. This includes the coordination of Financial support to the project’s activities, payments, assist local subsidies in Basra during the implementation regarding GIZ Rules and Regulation, assistance in the processing of contracts payments.
- Responsible for all Cash/Bank payments Office and Field payments in Basra start from processes coordination with finance PSD Baghdad team.
- Responsible for filing and archiving project documents in DMS and creating necessary photocopies as needed.
- Responsible for managing and settling all advance payments in Basra.
- Responsible for cash management in Basra for Basra PSD project activities.
- Facilitates, support and coordinates tasks of project staff and implementing partners.
- Responsible for supporting local subsidies with GIZ regulation during the implementation.
- Responsible for preparing the pre-check of settling advance payment of local subsides before sending to country office.
- Regular travel between Basra and Baghdad for document transport and coordination with PSD Finance Unit in Baghdad (approx. 2 times a month)
- Any other duties assigned by line manager.
- Maintaining office inventory in coordination with the Admin department in Baghdad.
- Responsible for all procurement processes starting from preparing requests, follow-up and perform the purchasing process as per the procurements regulations.
- Logistical support in project events, workshops and meetings. This includes hotel reservations, obtaining offers from venues and service suppliers and arranging catering as necessary.
- Coordination of transportation and movement requests for project team members and maintaining the vehicle logbooks.
- Acts as office receptionist, send and receive mails among the project offices.
- Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree preferable in the field of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any relevant field.
- Preferably 1 year of experience in the finance and administration field.
- Experience with International Organization preferred
- Good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Good knowledge in English
- Good coordination, communication, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel in country.
- Discipline and punctuality
Please send you motivation letter and CV to: GIZ.Iraq.Jobs@giz.de