The Finance and HR officer is responsible for overseeing the accurate accounting of the programme and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labour relations, and employee services. They are responsible for ensuring that HALO financial and HR SOPs and rules are adhered to, and those correct purchasing procedures are followed. They are responsible for submitting accurate accounts to HALO headquarters by the relevant deadlines and for ensuring that the Finance assistant is meeting auditable standards.
- Ensure full compliance with HALO Global/Iraq Financial SOPs
- Overseeing the transaction books and electronic accounts, ensuring both are accurate and up to date
- Conduct checks to programme’s petty cash and track purchase requests and orders
- Ensure all financial files are kept as required
- Monitor programme’s bank accounts
- Manage staff payroll and taxes
- Prepare monthly cash requests/budgets as directed by PM
- Ensure HALO is fully complainant with all financial decrees and Iraq Labour Law or other Iraq Government Regulations
- Prepare programme accounts with the Finance Assistants split between two locations
- Responsible for ensuring full compliance with HALO Anti-Fraud and Bribery policies
- Ensure up-to-date maintenance of HR and personnel files for HALO staff
- Assist in hiring, orientation, and performance appraisal of staff
- Review monthly staff payroll and ensure attendance record is accurate and up to date
- Manage leave request records
- Ensure total conformity on all administrative policies and procedures as outlined in HALO's Internal Regulations
- Conduct QC over the staff database and a personnel filing system.
- Review and prepare monthly staff insurance list
- Work with the Programme Officer and programme management to conduct recruitment, preparing notices, organising interviews, etc.
- Ensure each member of staff has and adheres to a valid contract.
- Assist in disciplinary procedures.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Mastery of Excel and different accounting software
- Knowledge of Iraq laws and practices, in particular, Labour and Tax laws
- Knowledge of employee relations policies, procedures and experience in their implementation.
- Experience in implementing Human Resources Management Systems
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Familiarity with donors and donor procedures
- Committed to gender equity and equality
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Good written and spoken English
The HALO Trust team in Iraq works a Saturday – Thursday schedule
Job to start: September 2020
Working hours: 08.00 – 17.00 (1 hour for lunch break)
Salary: Depending on experience
Benefits: Paid leave, life Insurance, HALO uniform
The HALO Trust abides by Iraq labour law and is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. In particular, women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: August 15st 2020
To apply please email a CV (including expected salary) and cover letter to email@example.com