Blumont is a global organization working with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to building infrastructure, delivering lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and bridging the gap from early recovery through long-term stability and development. Blumont serves underserved populations, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and tackles development challenges through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.
POSITION SUMMARY: Support finance department and Senior Finance officer in archiving process, system (cost point) entries and bank letters for all transactions for GFFO &MEFA program (Voucher, CRs and JE).
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABLITY
- Recording transaction to cost point system.
- Prepare wire transfer letters to bank as required and base on proper supporting documents/emails.
- Prepare Hawala letters to Hawala companies as required and base on proper supporting documents/emails.
- Represent Blumont in the banks to receive bank statements and other related inquiries.
- Update bank statement folder on the shared drive.
- Archiving all related BI transactions for BMI on daily basis and making sure be submitted and completed each month.
- Working on batch payments, preparing excel, supporting documents and system entries.
- Any other task provided from supervisor.
- University degree in business Administration, Accountant.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email
- Hands-on experience with accounting software.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Very good in written and spoken Kurdish, Arabic and English
- Relevant organizational and communication skills
- Minimum Two years of demonstrated related experience, in NGOs
- Time management and organized, effectively managing time, and staying on track.
- Flexibility and adaptability, being able to adapt to changing circumstances and remain flexible in the face of unexpected challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills, building strong relationships and effective communication with other team members, especially in team-oriented environments.
All role holder is expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our code of business ethics, core values, anti-harassment policy and PSEA policies.
Interested Candidates are required to visit Blumont's career page through www.Blumont.org and submit their application no later than 03 October 2023.
Blumont is an equal-opportunity employer, values diversity in its workforce and continually strives to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Blumont will review the applications on rolling basis and may close the advertisement before the deadline if the ideal candidate was found. One or more similar/different positions maybe filled in this recruitment activity depending on the applicants’ qualifications.
Blumont’s selection process will include rigorous background checks and all team members will be expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our core values, anti-harassment policy and PSEA policies