ob Title: Finance Assistant (National Position)
Function: Finance & Administration
Job Group: Finance
Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
Administrative Line Manager: Senior Finance Officer
Technical Line Manager: N/A
Line Management Responsibility None
The Finance Assistance (FA) is responsible for supporting NP’s financial and administration management. The FA is responsible for ensuring that financial documents are complete as per NP’s financial and procurement policy and the documents are properly filed. The FA will be responsible for preparation of the documents of original entry and make payments as requested by the Senior Finance Officer.
Preparation of documents and payments
- Preparation of Payment Disbursement forms and ensuring that they are duly signed
- Preparing Journal Vouchers
- Preparing Receipt Vouchers
- Salary payments to staff in Erbil and Field Sites at the end of the month
- Cash payments in the field sites
Communication with Banks
- Representing NP at banks and exchange offices for all NP related transfer and cash transactions and other business issues.
- Develop and maintain good relations with bank representatives, exchange offices, service providers and other intermediaries to resolve problems.
Financial document review and Filing
- Cross check all NP ledgers against hard documents;
- Ensure that all vouchers are complete with all supporting documentation (approval notes, goods received notes, contracts, invoices, receipts, ‘paid’ stamp etc.) as per NP financial and procurement procedures, and are reviewed and approved by the appropriate personnel and copies of all records are filed;
- Follow-up with the all offices (Erbil and field) on any missing or incomplete vouchers;
- Maintain finance files (finance documents scanned and archived in NP files) and ensure that all documents, payment vouchers, receipts and donor reports and communication have been filed in the correct grant files and in the correct sequence for ease of reference
- Ensure that all vouchers from the Erbil and sub-offices are properly scanned and archived in a systemic manner on the NP SharePoint.
- Ensure that Journal Vouchers are properly reviewed and approved at the end of each month and are fully backed up with supporting documents.
- Support the Senior Finance Officer in cost allocation across different grants;
- Support the Senior Finance Officer and Government Liaison Officer in calculation and payment of income tax and social security in Federal Iraq and KRI in related tax office;
- Assist with audit preparation and financial reporting, identifying correct vouchers for review and scanning as required;
- Participate in professional development activities, as needed or requested.
- Perform other duties, as needed and/or requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in audit preparations
- Visiting governmental offices upon request from the finance officer including income tax office, DNGO and SS office
- Ability to travel to field sites upon request
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant university degree in accounting, business administration or other related field.
- Preferably two or more years of relevant experience with an international NGO.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Quick Books knowledge and experience an added advantage
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Oral and written Kurdish and English skills
- Commitment to the humanitarian principles (humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence) and the work of Nonviolent Peaceforce
- Ability to manage information with discretion
- Ability to set priorities, solve problems and analyse data
- Demonstrated ability to effectively process and consolidate information and documentation from multiple locations
- Flexible, energetic and adaptable
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Ability to interact confidently with and present financial information effectively to colleagues and external contacts in verbal and written Kurdish and English languages
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and accounting software (Quickbooks)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Skills in accounting
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) through https://nonviolentpeaceforce.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=59
- This position is open to qualified candidates only.
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 11 August 2021
Nonviolent Peaceforce is committed to achieving gender balance in its staff at all levels. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. All qualified applicants, regardless of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, or age, are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Nonviolent Peaceforce acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of employees, contractors, volunteers, interns, beneficiaries and other stakeholders and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice in the Humanitarian and Development sector.
All qualified applicants regardless of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, or age, will be considered for this opportunity.