Position: Finance / HR Assistant
Reports to: Line Manager: Operation Manager
Technical Supervisor: Finance Officer / Deputy Country Finance Coordinator / HR Manager
Duty station: The post holder will be based in Telafar with daily field visit in projects locations (Ninewa), especially in Baa'j
INTERSOS had been working in Iraq from 2003 till 2010 with programs aimed at responding to urgent material safety needs and enhancing access to basic social services for vulnerable individuals and communities in Central and Southern Iraq, Baghdad and Kurdistan. Over the years, INTERSOS operations developed encompassing activities in health care, legal protection and assistance, warehousing and distribution of essential goods, mine/UXO clearance, shelter, water and sanitation, psychosocial support and education targeting internally displaced people and voluntary returnees, as well as host communities, with special focus on most vulnerable groups (children, women, elderly and persons with special needs).
Following the conflict in the Syrian Arab Republic and the deterioration of the humanitarian situation which is negatively affecting also the neighbouring countries, in November 2013 INTERSOS has resumed the operations in the area to contribute towards ensuring emergency relief and social protection assistance for the Syrian refugees fleeing their home in search of safety. Furthermore, since the surge in violence between armed groups and government forces with fighting spreading into Central and Northern Iraq, in July 2014 INTERSOS has extended its operations in the Kurdistan Region and is currently providing services and activities aimed at assisting both Syrian refugees and Iraqi IDPs in camp and non-camp settings, with interventions mainly concentrated on the Community Services, Protection, Food Security and Education Sectors. INTERSOS is also contributing towards assisting vulnerable conflict-affected civil population in the whole of Iraq by expanding the on-going activities in terms of geographical target areas and sectors of expertise, to properly respond to unmet needs and detected gaps. Within the framework of the current Humanitarian response for the Mosul military operation, INTERSOS is currently implementing more than 6 projects in Ninewa and Salah al-Din Governorates, concentrating in health, NFIs and shelter, protection and education interventions.
General purpose of the position
The Finance/HR Assistant is responsible for supporting INTERSOS activities and staff with HR/finance tasks on daily basis. He/she is expected to be honest and transparent and keep the necessary level of confidentiality on information acquired on the job.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Finance and Administrative:
- In charge of daily book keeping and cash counts
- Handling all payments to clients, suppliers and contractors as requested and authorized by management staff and immediate supervisor, both by cash and by bank transfers
- Contributing to the planning of the expenses in coordination with the immediate supervisor, the logistician, the technical staff and the project managers
- Monitoring all cash flow movements
- Being aware of mission operating budget and financial conditions and constraints
- Preparation of cash count.
- Monitoring the level of expenses in relation to available budgets
- Daily administrative office tasks
- Ensuring good record keeping and filing of archive
- Any other duties not listed above and necessary for the implementation of the activities
- To support in the payment of salaries
- Follow up with the collection of pay slips
- Checking and collecting the attendance sheets and time sheets
- Follow up the annual leaves for the staff with a leave tracker
- Undertake other duties as requested by the CFC, Deputy CFC , FO and HR Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- Previous experiences of 1 year min in humanitarian organization in Finance or Accounting Departments
- Proven experiences in reporting, bookkeeping and analysis
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong understanding of the situation of the context in Ninewa governorate.
- Strong Arabic skills, written and spoken. Strong English skills, written and spoken
- Strong computer skills especially in Excel
- Commitment to and understanding of INTERSOS’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches Application Process.
- Applicants may submit their CVs to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please mention the vacancy title: (Finance / HR Assistant - Telafar) in subject box of your email.
- Email without vacancy title will not be considered.
- Email after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- INTERSOS will review application on rolling bases, so the vacancy maybe will filled before deadline.
INTERSOS will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, INTERSOS has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
INTERSOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.