If you do not meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the section ‘Essential Qualifications & Experience’, please do not apply.
Please read the job description in full before applying.
Triangle Génération Humanitaire (TGH) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) designing and implementing emergency, post-emergency and development programs since 1994. The programs fall within the fields of water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), civil engineering (Shelter), food security, rural development (Livelihood), socio-educational and psychosocial support (Protection). In 2019, its committed teams operate in 9 countries in Asia, Africa and Middle-East Region.
TGH has been working in KR-I since June 2013, providing WASH in schools, winterization distribution, cash for education, Case management and psychosocial support as well as livelihood activities to Syrian refugees and IDPs. Also, TGH has been working in the capacity building of the General Directorate of Social Care and Development (GDSCD, more commonly referred to as DoSA / Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA) in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I), the Social Protection Department in Ninewa and a National NGO in the Centre and South of Federal Iraq to strengthen the child protection case management systems. The present project “Skills Development and Engagement of Young People (10-24 years) in Duhok” is to improve the social, economic and civic situation of vulnerable young boys and girls (10-24 years old) empowering them to become actors of a positive and sustainable social and economic change in Duhok governorate by developing their life, employability and entrepreneurship skills, supporting small businesses and engaging the young people in the youth engagement initiatives and decision-making.
The employee engages her/himself to:
- Respect TGH’s Charter and internal regulations
- Respect her/his contract and Job description
- Respect security rules put in place by the security focal point.
This job description will be regularly reviewed. Only a common and joint agreement between the employee and the employer could lead to a modification of this it.
JOB OBJECTIVE :
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Coordinator, fin Manager supports the mission in all Finance issues of TGH offices and projects in Iraq. S/he directly supervises Finance officer in Erbil and archiving assistant
JOB FUNCTIONS :
Responsibility 1: Finance and accountancy
- Perform the monthly accountancy check by ensuring correct expenses allocations
- Supervise/Complete the monthly provisional closing using SAGA and prepare the monthly accountancy package for AdministrativeCoordinator’s revision
- Ensure vouchering is completed in timely manner in all the offices
- Prepare forecast in link with PMs and Log and transmit to Admin Cooordinator’s revision
- Update the allocation table if required
- Report and share any budget related concern to AdminCo in timely manner.
- Verify monthly cash flow request submitted by each office and Support Admin Coordinator in preparing mission’s monthly cash flow forecast
- Support Admin Coordinator in preparing in elaborating and revising budget in link h program team for new proposal or amendment
- Prepare and liaise with external lawyer and, if needed, government institutions, on payment of income taxes and social security.
- Prepare all donor financial reporting and submit to Admin co in advance of submission date
- Prepare financial audits, attend the meeting with auditors, and draft audit report response and liaise with other team members for missing justificative documents in the auditor’s samples
- Perform all tasks of the officers as necessary during her/his absence
- Liaise with external lawyer and if needed auditors (DNGO GOI, KRD) and with the rest of the Administrative team for the preparation of the report (DNGO/GOI)
- Financial focal point of interlocutors (implementing partners and hosting agencies)
- Validate procurement documents by ensuring financial contract and financial line are correct within budget and the funds are available (under the defined validation limit)
- Provide trainings on finance and accountancy to TGH and partner’s team
Responsibility 2: Administration
- Collect information regarding all Iraqi laws and regulation and share with Admin co
- Ensure all the process are capitalized as a reference and all submitted data is kept as archives
- Perform translation tasks as if required for the documents s/he is working on/with
Responsibility 3: COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION
- Attend internal coordination meetings in absence of coordinator
- Attend external inter-NGO administration coordination meetings if required
- Attend bi-lateral meeting with donors, partners, and authorities when needed
- Contribute to procurement process if requested
- Coordinate with logistic section for finance related questions etc.
This list is not exhaustive, you could be requested to perform other tasks as your supervisor may judge necessary.
• 2 years’ experience working in a similar position in NGO
• Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
• Confident & proficient in the use of MS Office, with advanced Excel proficiency
• Relevant university degree or similar education is an asset
• Energetic, positive, flexible and good team player
• Good communication skills
• Adaptation capacities to dynamic context
• Working knowledge of SAGA
Mandatory: Fluency written and spoken in English, Kurdish and Arabic
We require candidate with minimum three years of experience in the relevant field
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
Please send your application (letter of motivation + CV in English with copy of Diplomas), and titled as
“Finance Manager- Erbil”
no later than 26 October 2021.