- Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Ensure that staff understand the payment and advance procedures, timing, templates and provide all required documentation.
- Maintain accuracy in financial records include accounting codes and program codes and post all verified transactions on Field Connections.
- Disbursing cash and advances in a timely manner to staff and ensure all payment’s vouchers are completed with supporting documentation.
- Maintain Field Connections posting schedules and the accuracy of all transactions in an organized, timely, and professional manner.
- Ensure coding are assigned correctly before posting the transactions into Field Connections.
- Perform daily functions including recording all cash, maintain cash ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, and reconcile cash on hand.
- Ensure all cash is reconciled on a daily basis, reporting any over/under to Finance Manager and investigate any over/under situations.
- Scan all finance, contracts, agreements and payroll documents in a timely manner into Docsvault.
- Ensure the complete, well organized and clearly labelled files and safe storage of all financial documents.
- Ensure the established financial/accounting systems, policies, procedures and routines are properly understood and undertaken by all staffs and in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse (SP) field accounting policies.
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow financial staff and the Finance Manager.
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow finance staff, area coordinator and finance manager.
- Any additional duties as required by Finance Manager and Area Coordinator.
- Follow all procedures provided by Finance Manager and Area Coordinator
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
Diploma in Finance and Accounting with one to two years expererince in related area
Arabic and English are required. Kurdish or Assyrian is a plus
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Finance Officer - Hamdaniya
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language