The Iraq Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities (DCEO) is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. DCEO aims to support vulnerable communities to build community resilience against destabilizing factors by increasing their adaptive capacity and economic well-being. The project consists of two objectives. Objective 1, Adaptative capacity of vulnerable communities increased is achieved through two components. Component 1.1 seeks to mitigate drivers of conflict in targeted communities and Component 1.2 seeks to enhance community leadership of inclusive local development. Objective 2, Economic well-being of communities advanced, will rest on the assessments, analysis, foundations, and groundwork of Objective 1.
OBJECTIVE: The HR Officer will contributes to the implementation of HR policies and procedures in Chemonics’s Erbil office in close coordination with finance, logistics and operations teams and with technical daily coordination with HR team in Baghdad Office. HR functions include recruitment, staff development, staff orientation and induction, grievance processes, HR policy development, Personnel file and documentation management, and supporting HR management of local support staff at the Erbil office.
Reports to: HR Specialist
Staff reporting to this post: NA
Working Hours: 8 hours per day
- Be thoroughly familiar with Chemonics HR policies and procedures in Iraq
- Ensures the implementation of the Field Office Federal Iraq Policy Manual
- Support the HR Specialist with updating the Federal Iraq benefits summary and adopting other HR policy documents.
- Ensure that Chemonics HR policies and procedures in Iraq are implemented in such a way as to protect the rights of both staff and the company while equally ensuring that both staff and the company meet their responsibilities and insure everything will be based on Iraqi Labor Law and other valid laws related to the relationships between the employees and the employer.
- Participates in recruitment processes, including developing and placing vacancy announcements, receiving, and grading applications, arranging, and participating in interviews, collecting references, and Biodata Information.
- Ensure that candidate selection processes are in accordance with Chemonics’s policies and procedures for Iraq with a focus on transparency, fairness, and recruitment on the basis of merit.
- Supporting HR specialist in following up of annual employee performance reviews and ensures they are done on time and providing guidance to the staff/line managers in filling the performance reviews correctly.
- Supporting HR Specialist in implementation of staff care/engagement activities.
- Maintain accurate, updated, and confidential personnel and recruitment files and trackers.
- Support the preparation of all new and revised staff contracts, offer letters, salary worksheets and personal declarations and advise the hiring managers on proposed salary scales for each position.
- Ensure new hires are provided with adequate training regarding the project and relevant Chemonics policies in order to perform the job to the best of their ability and are assimilated into Chemonics culture and that they are re-oriented on a periodic basis.
- Ensure all staff are trained on, and are familiar with, timesheet procedures and policies
- Maintain accurate timesheet records and ensure all timesheets are submitted on time with the correct approval.
- Supporting the HR Specialist in disciplinary process ensuring all actions taken comply with local labor laws and Chemonics policies,
- Maintain confidentiality of all HR decisions, issues, and records.
- As requested, participate in meetings representing HR.
- Manage and maintain the official letter reference system and insure all the official letters with outside entities are documented and archived in proper way based on Iraqi law.
- Other duties as assigned by the HR Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent years of experience working in HR.
- Contextual understanding of Erbil and other provinces in Federal Iraq.
- At least 3-years of experience in HR / Administration with prior experience working for international organizations is strongly preferred
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple tasks, willingness and ability to work efficiently with a wide diverse group of people
- Ability to cope with large workloads, with tight deadlines, under pressure.
- Excellent sense of judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluent spoken and written in Kurdish, and very good spoked and written in English.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Package, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good knowledge about the valid Iraqi labor law, income tax law and social security law.
- Excellent working knowledge of threat assessment, risk mitigation and ability to work on acceptance strategy at all levels.
To apply, please visit:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Note: We will be reviewing the CVs on rolling basis and the position can be filled even before the closing date.