Welthungerhilfe (hereafter, WHH) is a German private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the colour of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH is responding to the humanitarian crisis due to the military operation in North Iraq providing assistance to affected communities in KRI and Ninewa Governorate. The projects support returnees and vulnerable host communities towards establishment of sustainable livelihoods in Ninewa Governorate.
- Description of Responsibilities
To support the HoP in the day to day implementation of the Project, ensuring that the goals and objectives are achieved in compliance to Welthungerhilfe and Donor standards. The Officer shall be responsible for context analysis, effective communication and good relationship with authorities and other humanitarian actors. S/he maintains a field-level network of focal points to strengthen mutual understanding and acceptance of the project in targeted communities. The liaison and Cohesion Officer should be able and responsible for effective communication of Project narratives to both stakeholders and target beneficiary communities. S/he is the focal point person for stakeholder Coordination, liaison and processing official documents required for implementing the Project activities as directed by the Technical Expert and HoP.
The Liaison and Cohesion Officer works under the direct supervision of the Technical Expert (the line manager) and supervises and participates in the implementation of related project activities.
- To assist the HoP/Expert to ensure the Project activities are reported in an effective, efficient and transparent matter.
- Coordinate teams to facilitate communities in active participation in the project initiation in coordination with technical departments, Local Authorities, Stakeholders and any relevant out-sourced service provider(s).
- Develop and strengthen relations with key stakeholders and other strategic partners for communication and advocacy purposes
- Liaise closely with Project colleagues to identify communication opportunities and develop strategic communication plans for all project areas
- Assist the Head of Project and Experts to process and obtain official approvals and permissions for implementation of Project activities in the area of responsibility. This includes drafting the official requests and/or letters to the legal authorities in the K.R.I. and/or the Governorate of Nineveh, in proper and official Arabic and/or Kurdish languages;
- Work closely and in collaboration with the Security Officer to communicate with the relevant authorities in regards to the security situation in the areas of jurisdiction.
- Follow-up of all the legal and administrative requests submitted to the legal authorities for transportation and security accesses as well as assisting the Project Officers with Security assessment for all Cash and Grants pay out to beneficiaries.
- Develop and strengthen relations with key stakeholders and other strategic partners to foster strong community based approaches and ensure effective community and stakeholder coordination in the implementation of the project by adoption of transparency and participatory approaches.
- Ensure strengthened inter and intra community cohesion fostering conflict resolution mechanisms and streamlining the Do No Harm principle in the execution of the project.
- In addition to the above, the Officer may be asked to stand in for the Expert and carry out other duties as requested by the Expert and/or the Head of Project.
- University degree is required;
- Minimum one (3) years of experience in a relevant position;
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish as well as intermediate knowledge of English is required;
- Able to work on a high level with Word, Power Point, and Excel;
- Good reporting skills;
- A previous experience in an international NGOs and/or institution is a strong advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment;
- Committed, honest and eager to learn.
WHH considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of responsibilities to the following:
The position is based in Sinuni (Governorate of Nineveh).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.