Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organisation undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Asia.
Mission East worked in Dohuk from 2003-2005. In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for displaced people. Our current programme in Iraq focuses on psychosocial support, shelter, non-food items, WASH, cash assistance in Dohuk, Ninewa and Kirkuk Governorates. In Sinjar, agriculture, cash for work and shops rehabilitation projects are also being implemented.
More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
In purpose of helping the most vulnerable and families in Sinjar to make an income ME is implementing asset replacement project in Sinjar district, the livelihood officer will be responsible to implement the asset replacement grant distribution and oversee the planned trainings for the beneficiaries.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Livelihood officer is responsible for the design, implementation and
follow-up of asset replacement and the planned trainings in Sinjar
delivering quality/accountability commitments and supporting the
livelihood team in delivering activities, assessments, internal reporting,
monitoring and evaluation.
- implements work plans, implementation strategy
- - Directly liaise with NGOs/GOs in terms of asset replacement activities
and relevant trainings provided.
- - Implement and update periodic progress review and planning
mechanism for the livelihoods project team activities.
- Provide technical assistance to the project team and ensuring
compliance with accountability mechanisms in line with different
standards such as the SPHERE standards and livelihoods cluster
- - Help establish and routinely visit the trainings, and other activities to
provide feedbacks and recommendations.
- - Participate in project evaluations, reflections, learning and assist in
the analysis of results.
- - Support the Livelihoods Assistant for the day to day coordination and
supervision of activity team and outreach workers.
- - Liaise with local authorities, livelihoods cluster and other actors in
relation to the project activities in Sinjar District
- - Participate in knowledge and information sharing within the
programme; Identify, document and disseminate relevant project
learning within the programme.
- - Any other duties as needed.
Previous experience in livelihoods and ideally cash
• Willing to travel and work in Sinjar City and the surrounding
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Strong experience in Microsoft Office
• Be able to speak, read and write in the local languages with
good English skills.
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CV's in English on firstname.lastname@example.org with indicating the "Livelihood Officer (ME/NIN/SIN/070/062019)" in the subject line of the email no later than June 20th, 2019. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer