Job Title: Livelihoods Project Officer (x2) – PENDING DONOR FUNDING
Reports to: Livelihoods Project Manager
Department: Shared Future
Salary Grade: 7
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Iraq is supporting conflict-affected people to live in dignity through the provision of critical relief items, upgrades to shelter conditions and improved access to water and sanitation facilities, educational and psychosocial (PSS) support for children, and livelihoods support.
About Shared Future
Enabling Durable Solutions for a Cohesive and Diverse Kirkuk and Ninewa Plains, or Shared Future, is a 7.25-year project launched in June 2018. In Phase I and II, the project implemented social cohesion and livelihoods programing, to support families returning to the Ninewa Plains with durable returns, after years of displacement caused by the rise and fall of the Islamic State (IS). In Phase III, Shared Future will expand geographically into Kirkuk to support youth livelihoods. This phase of the project will also emphasize a positive youth development approach in both Ninewa and Kirkuk, engaging emerging adults and late adolescents (14-17s), to expand reach to younger youth. This approach seeks to create an environment where youth can achieve their full potential and contribute to the development of their communities and, in turn, durable solutions.
As a member of the Shared Future project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- High Bachelor’s degree required. Degrees in the field of International Development, Business or Economics will be considered an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with NGOs in Iraq; at least 1 year of experience working directly on livelihoods.
Required Languages - Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required, as well as full professional proficiency in Kurdish. Knowledge of other languages (e.g., Turkmen, Shabaki) is a plus.
Travel - The position is based in Kirkuk, with up to 50% travel in Hawija, as feasible. Travel to other locations in Iraq, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: 2-4 Community Mobilisers and Business Coaches (both positions are daily workers)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Livelihoods Program Manager; Livelihoods Project Manager, Livelihoods Project Officer; Livelihoods Field Officer; Livelihoods Project Assistant, MEAL Program Manager; MEAL Field Officer; Procurement and Finance staff.
External: Other operational partners and colleague organizations; local government; UN agencies and relevant sector leads
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- This position is contingent upon donor funding.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
You can apply via the link below: