Job Information Livelihoods Specialist NGO InformationJob Information
Contract Duration 8 months
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Minimum Experience 4 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2019-04-15
Deadline Date 2019-04-28Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil,Sulaimanyah, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din. rbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
About the job
The Livelihoods Specialist Kurdistan region of Iraq (KR-I) is responsible in supporting the Livelihoods project manager (LHPM) to supervise the three DRC Livelihoods teams in Duhok, Erbil and Sulaymaniyah in the implementation of the programs and coordination activities. The Livelihoods Specialist supports the teams technically and works in coordination with and to the support of the Sulaymaniyah and Duhok bases.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• In collaboration with the LHPM, ensure timely and high-quality delivery of all livelihood projects in KR-I.
• In collaboration with the LHPM, oversight of all livelihood activities including project planning, implementation and follow up.
• In collaboration with the LHPM, prepare and maintain up to date work plan and track expenditures, in line with project and budget documents.
• In collaboration with the LHPM, prepare and maintain up to date procurement plans and track progress in line with project and budget documents.
• In collaboration with the LHPM, work with MEAL team to agree strong MEAL plans for projects.
• In collaboration with the LHPM, ensure accurate tracking of project indicators.
• In collaboration with the LHPM, prepare regular and timely updates and reports to be shared with the LHPM.
• In collaboration with the LHPM, monitor and report on success stories from livelihoods programs.
• In collaboration with the LHPM, undertake regular and ad hoc field visits to Erbil, Duhok and Sulaimaniya to ensure quality of implementation.
• Ensure staff development through coaching, mentoring, training and day to day follow up etc.
• Manage internal staffing issues including attendance monitoring and leave plans.
• Make program recommendations and suggestion to activities within the Livelihoods team.
• Regularly monitor project activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the LHPM.
• Plan and implement Livelihoods needs assessments as requested by the LHPM.
Collaborating with the team leaders to set weekly and monthly plans, collecting the weekly reports and share with the LHPM.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq Programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
• Make sure to spread a positive image of DRC and its activities by explaining what DRC is doing and why DRC operates in that way.
How To Apply
• Relevant experience – at least 4 years - in similar contexts.
• Experience with DRC people of concern.
• Experience in similar livelihoods assignments.
• Strong communication and team work skills.
• Knowledge of local laws and regulations.
• Able to work energetically.
• Relevant computer skills.
• Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Understand the needs and requirements of international donors and local authorities.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28-April-2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo