Assurance of a smooth and reliable logistics and procurement management, ensuring and maintaining compliance with Malteser International and donor procedures, standards as well as rules & regulations. Also (s)he supports the Operations Manager with procurement management for the Erbil office.
- Initiate and follow up on procurement process for office and project items.
- Assure the implementation of procurement guidelines in all kind of procurement.
- Supervise all procurement related matters within the Talafar Office.
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of action for audit purposes and submit logistics reports upon request.
- Development and updating of yearly procurement plan in close coordination with Operations Manager.
- Responsible for premises maintenance services contracting and monitoring.
- Maintain an updated list of suppliers.
- Ensure reception and control of procured goods in regard to amount and quality and prepare subsequent payments authorizations in line with established contractual terms.
- Submit to finance all documentation necessary for payment including relevant signatures from managers.
Stock and asset management
- Organize the timely availability of goods and transport according to project requirements.
- Maintain transport documentation and waybills.
- Prepare in a timely way and according to MI guidelines logistic documents related to the annual closure.
- Ensure all assets are recorded, labelled and captured in the inventory list.
- Oversee the regular update and track keeping of incoming and outgoing items.
General Support to MI Erbil Office
- Support the Operations Manager with any administrative tasks as required, including filing, preparing purchase and payment requests and receiving invoices.
- Support Operations Manager in preparations of Logistic and Procurement Documents
- Maintain a client friendly atmosphere that is non-judgmental and supportive of clients regardless their background.
- Represent Malteser International towards the local population and authorities, governmental staff, and (I) NGOs
- Work together with Colleagues to support each other according to work.
- Adhere to and respect Malteser International Guidelines and codes.
- Carry out any additional tasks assigned by the Operations Manager, Filed Manager or Country Coordinator
- In case of absence substitute each other (Operations Manager/Logistic Officer)
- University degree in Business administration, or other relevant studies desirable
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the field of procurement, logistics, office management, and administration or related
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Ability to be a flexible team player in a multicultural environment
- Focused individual with capacity to plan and manage in a multiple deadline-working environment
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Language skills in Kurdish or Turkmen would be a strong asset
Interested candidates should apply via the Malteser International website:
Malteser International is seeking candidates for this position who are citizens of Talafar or surroundings. Applicants from this region are encouraged to apply. If no suitable candidates are chosen, the position may be relocated to MI's office in Erbil