Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in a humanitarian, development or another relevant field;
- At least five years field experience in an M&E role, out of that two years should be in any international organization in a similar capacity;
- Project Cycle Management;
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in ODK or KOBO data collection tools.
- Staff capacity development and staff management.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (writing and speaking), Kurdish is an advantage
- Logical thinker;
- Research skills.
- Strong formulation and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational. and time management skills
- Communicative, open and decisive
- Result-oriented in a team approach
- Proactive and focused
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Service and participatory attitude
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
II. Special requirements
- 75% travel throughout the country
ZOA Iraq supports vulnerable conflict-affected people with social reconstruction activities, livelihoods assistance and psychosocial support in order to establish stable and peaceful communities with hope for the future.
II. Purpose of the position
The responsibility of the MEAL Coordinator is to ensure high-quality M&E system implementation, beneficiary accountability and project evaluation by providing technical expertise and knowledge to the ZOA Programme Quality team.
III. Main activities
Tasks, responsibilities, results.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develops, implements, and maintains monitoring, evaluation, and learning tools, including the use of standardized indicators;
- Develops and conducts baseline, end line, assessments, and evaluation surveys;
- Monitors and evaluates overall programme progress towards achieving the planned goals and objectives;
- in close collaboration with the implementing partners, collects data against agreed-upon indicators;
- Conducts key informant interviews, focus group discussions, mid-term evaluations, end-term evaluations
- Conducts regular field monitoring visits in Anbar, Baghdad, and other ZOA programme areas;
- Provides technical assistance and mentoring to help other teams understand and implement M&E systems and requirements;
- Contributes to the development of high-quality MEAL frameworks for project proposals, and monitors consistency between donor proposals and Country strategy.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the line manager
- Supports adherence to ZOA policy and compliance, donor, national and international guidelines, policies, and standards in the implementation of projects;
- Ensures the ZOA Integrity Framework (Code Of Conduct, Reporting Complaints, Addressing Complaints) and Child Protection Policy are adhered to and implemented in all activities
- Supports the PGMs in the development of beneficiary accountability tools and information sharing throughout the programme;
- Registers complaints into ZOA’s complaints database assigns and follows up with the relevant/ concerned staff/ department and communicates outcome with complainants.
Reporting/ digital data collection
- Ensures timely data collection of all surveys, baseline, end line surveys, assessments and evaluations;
- Independently writes qualitative and quantitative reports, lessons learned and case studies from the project’s activities.
- Contributes to on-time, high-quality submission of monitoring and evaluation reports;
- Supports MPQ and PGMs in the writing of the internal quarterly reports and annual review.
- Supports the development of knowledge management at a country level and contributes to organisation-wide knowledge management;
- Supports development of innovative project proposals
The MEAL Coordinator is accountable to the Manager Programme Quality
- As directed by the Manager Programme Quality
- Community members and ZOA beneficiaries
- Community-based organisations, Iraqi NGOs and ZOA’s partner organisations
- Third-party monitoring companies
- Relevant clusters
- Manager Programme Quality,
- MEAL Unit
- ZOA Iraq management Team
Qualified candidates may send their CV and Cover Letter to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please in your email, insert the subject title exactly as:
The applications should be submitted on or before June 30th, 2021.
All the best