Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
In partnership with Caritas Iraq, CRS Iraq is supporting conflict-affected people to live in dignity through upgrades to shelter conditions, educational and psychosocial (PSS) support for children, livelihoods support, social cohesion and multi-purpose cash assistance.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Senior Project Officer, the MEAL Field Assistant (FA) is responsible for supporting Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability processes. The FA will be responsible for coordinating CRS feedback response mechanisms, supporting learning needs of MEAL field workers, and building field worker capacity through effective trainings. The MEAL FA will coordinate field worker activities.
Please note that this is a temporary contract of 3 months.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Answering CRS Hotline calls for all locations and respond to any coming SMS
- Documenting all feedback receive
- Support MEAL PA and MEAL SPO oncurrent feedback mechanisms (suggestion boxes, SMS platform, helpdesk, face to face form) by documenting feedback and compiling reports.
- Support the MEAL PA and SPO to ensure feedback is adequately communicated to program teams
- Support maintenance of a database of all feedback received for CRS’ programs by making sure all feedback received documented
- Follow-up with project teams to ensure that there is an appropriate response within 1 week of feedback-received
- Support the monitoring of project activities at the field level, per the M&E plan through collection of data and as needed, act as a beneficiary advocate by coordinating feedback with programming teams
- Support design and print distribution of appropriate communication materials that promote the use of feedback mechanisms or transparency (i.e. hotline business cards, distribution signs, community signs and banners)
- Support the development of new context appropriate feedback mechanisms that reflect preferences of community members as needed
- Support MEAL PA on train and supervise hotline field workers
- High School Diploma required.
- Some work or volunteer experience in supporting community development and mobilization.
- Skilled in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet.
Required Languages - Fluent written and spoken Arabic with the ability to make oral presentations and write clear reports and guidance. Proficient in written and spoken English. Kurdish and Turkman is desirable.
Travel - Some travel to Erbil Governorate for workshops and training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation and active listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Ability to work with a multi-cultural team
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory: None. Will coordinate MEAL Field Worker activities.
Internal: MEAL Senior Project Officer, MEAL Project Manager, and Field Workers
External: Caritas staff and volunteers
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PFD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
You can apply via the link below:-