ABOUT HUMAN APPEAL
Human Appeal international (HA) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Since 2016 Human Appeal has set up an office in Iraq. Human Appeal is an INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflict in Iraq. Human Appeal works in a variety of sectors which include; food and livelihood, WASH, protection, shelter and others. In a short space of time Human Appeal has expanded its operations significantly with programmers worth $20 million and 200+ staff. Human Appeal is working in partnerships with UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP etc.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer will be responsible for All Monitoring and Evaluation Activities in the Field for UNICEF funded protection project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the protection monitoring, needs assessments, Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews, mass information campaigns at the field level and ensure effective monitoring through regular field visits, conducting data verification, quality assessments and reporting the findings.
- Develop and implement standard data collection tools across the project are to gather the relevant data according to project log-frames.
- Train, sensitize and facilitate the project staff training on data collection, data organization and data/ MOVs organizing.
- Organise and facilitate the periodic learning review with program team to facilitate dialogue and internal learning and reflection from assessments, program progress monitoring etc, to improve project implementation and project quality.
- Synthesize and analyze MEAL quantitative and qualitative data received on a monthly basis and ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Human Appeal monitoring and evaluation system.
- Prepare monthly MEAL plans and corresponding reports covering work completed for the period under review and ensuring that key performance indicators are captured.
- Assess the senior MEAL officer to conduct and report on post distribution/ implementation/ monitoring/end to end verification surveys as required by projects and sharing filed learning with the filed team
- Conduct need assessment across the Iraq surveys when needed
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
- University degree in Social sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in monitoring and evaluation activities for donor-funded initiatives, should have rehabilitation projects experience.
- Experience of field data collection and Survey mechanism.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills • Good verbal and written in Arabic, English.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- The necessarily to learn on the job and willingness to improve and adapt.
- Demonstrable understanding of issues related to direct aid and international development in the humanitarian context.
- Creative and adaptable working, prepared to travel to Field visits, Meetings and training
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict.
- Deadlines and high levels of precision. • Thorough attention to detail.• Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure. • Able to work as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way, particularly with staff for whom English is not their first language.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
The position will be based in Anbar Office, 10% in office and 90% in the field.
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to:
Note: you have to write your name in English when you apply.