Job Information MEAL Officer NGO InformationJob Information
Contract Duration 6 months
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Minimum Experience 2 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2019-04-15
Deadline Date 2019-04-22Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil,Sulaimanyah, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din. rbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
About the job
The MEAL Officer will support the DRC area office in collection, analysis and use of monitoring and evaluation data for programme improvement, learning and demonstrating impact. The post holder will lead the implementation of standard monitoring and evaluation activities for projects at the field office.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Responsible for project based M&E in Telafar and Northen Ninewa areas, ensuring that indicators are understood and required data is collected in a timely manner.
• Supports the Team Leader to supervise and guide MEAL Assistants and short term enumerators/ data clerks involved in planned data collection processes to ensure accurate data is collected and compiled.
• Ensuring data quality is of the highest standard, through checking understanding and collected data during pilots and practice. Training data collection staff and leading the efforts of field based data collection. Lead collection, analysis and reporting of qualitative data through Focus Group Discussions, exit interviews & case studies.
• Informs Team Leader or MEAL specialist of his/her work plan, which is made in accordance with the general MEAL plan produced at an area level.
• Update the monitoring activities tracker, with the planned and conducted MEAL activities.
• Maintain an overview on all indicators and collection of data as per the agreed M&E plan. This requires a full understanding the tools available to assess all indicator present on the Master MEAL indicator list.
• Following instructions for qualitative and quantitative data collection, ensure that quality analysis and reports are shared internally. Support with donor reports when necessary.
• Support the Team Leader or MEAL Specialist to ensure that all programme activities have adequate data collection tools at all times as per Master MEAL indicator list.
• Participate in baseline and endline survey exercices;
• Build capacity of DRC staff in the use of the M&E tools
• Be fully aware of and raise awareness on the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and supporting in conducting trainings when needed.
• Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of program quality. Regularly analyze data and produce reports on best practices and case studies.
• Ensure that necessary reporting components are lined up in advance of report deadlines.
• Support in project based external reporting, such as Activity Info.
• Ensure that data for all projects is collected in a timely manner, and disseminated as required, via internal or external summaries, or reports.
• Act as area focal point when Team Leader is not available.
• Support teams with information management efforts, liaising with database and project staff to obtain required data and lists for MEAL follow up and analysis.
• Coordinate and Support the Accountability assistant with any required accountability tasks, as directed.
How To Apply
• Minimum of 2 years programming experience in humanitarian and development context with a specific focus on M&E.
• Competence using information technology including experience with word-processing, spreadsheets and database software.
• Highly developed analytical and reporting skills.
• Excellent communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
• Ability to write reports and communication pieces in English language.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning and team building and facilitating skills. Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
• Willingness and capacity to work in the field and travel frequently to project sites when needed.
• Experience working informal and informal camps
• Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations.
• Proven experience in developing and implementing M&E systems and tools for an INGOs.
• Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
• Experience with behavioral surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis and sampling techniques.
• Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
• Knowledge of the Syrian refugee and Iraq IDP crisis.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 22-April-2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo