Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor in IT, Media, relevant field or proven work experience
- Minimum working experience of 1-2 years in an M&E role in international and or local NGO
- Good technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Analytical and presentation software (Power BI, SPSS) will be an advantage.
- Experience in ODK or KOBO data collection tools.
- Fluency in English and Arabic language (writing and speaking), Kurdish is an advantage
- Strong attention to detail, organizational. and time management skills
- Communicative, open and decisive
- Result-oriented in a team approach
- Proactive and focused
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Service and participatory attitude
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
II. Special requirements
- 50% travel throughout the country
- Based in the country office
ZOA Iraq supports vulnerable conflict-affected people with social reconstruction activities, livelihoods assistance and psychosocial support in order to establish stable and peaceful communities with hope for the future.
II. Purpose of the position
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for the implementation of ZOA monitoring and evaluation activities at the community level throughout ZOA’s programme areas. The main purpose of the position is to support ZOA Iraq in conducting monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of data, the analysis and interpretation of that data into MEAL reports for internal management of the project, and the writing of numeric and narrative reports for the management.
III. Main activities
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
In close coordination with the Manager of Programme Quality and the project team, the M&E Officer will develop, review, and implement a project monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Collect data and information;
- Participate in MEAL activities in the field by conducting surveys and focus group discussions among (potential) ZOA beneficiaries
- Supervise and support surveyors (ZOA staff or enumerators) during data collection processes
- Support teams in the use of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning tools
- Monitor and evaluate overall programme progress towards achieving the planned goals and objectives,
- In close collaboration with the implementing partners, collects data against agreed-upon indicators;
- Develop and update the M&E plan and M&E calendar
- Participate in administrative and logistical planning, preparation and organisation of evaluation missions;
- Support partner organisations in the implementation of MEAL related activities;
- Maintain data storage platforms for ZOA (SharePoint);
- Ensure the ZOA Integrity Framework (Code Of Conduct, Reporting Complaints, Addressing Complaints) and Child Protection Policy are adhered to and implemented in all activities;
- Write qualitative and quantitative reports, lessons learned and case studies from the project’s activities.
- Manage ZOA Iraq social media accounts - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn – to raise awareness about the organization’s work and values while encouraging individuals, groups, and communities to collaborate
- Prepare info-graphs to share on social media outlets
- Photo / Video documentation and editing
- Any other MEAL duty may be assigned by the line manager.
- As directed by the Manager Programme Quality
- Community members and ZOA beneficiaries
- Community-based organisations, Iraqi NGOs and ZOA’s partner organisations
- Third-party monitoring companies
- Relevant clusters
- Programme Quality Manager
- MEAL Coordinator
- ZOA Country Office Staff
- ZOA Field Office Staff