Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, and to victims of armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed, or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claims full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
MSF - Belgium is recruiting
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiary’s health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are always followed and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Education: Medical Doctor bachelor’s degree - B.Ch.B.
- Experience: 2-year experience as a Medical Doctor - especially experience in post-operative, orthopedic and/or ER
- Languages: Desirable competency in English, and fluency in Arabic is essential
- Knowledge: Literacy and computer skills (word, excel) are essential.
If you are confident that you meet the above requirements:
Send your Motivation Letter & CV in English to:
[email protected] or drop your application in a closed envelope and mention the job title on it in the CV box at the MSF OCB Office in East Mosul.
Deadline for receiving job applications is 20th February 2023
ALWAYS CLEARLY MENTION THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shortlisted but not selected CVs may be kept in a file in case of future vacancies. MSF has the right to postpone or cancel this recruitment.