Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The supply chain manager is in charge of defining and guaranteeing the implementation of an effective and efficient mission supply chain and defining standards and strategies according to MSF protocols, standards and policies.
- Proposing a supply strategy for the mission or the revision of it, to the coordination team for validation, according to the mission’s context and the operational needs
- In line with MSF’s protocols, policies, standards and guidelines, ensuring the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the validated mission supply strategy under the Supply Chain responsibility
- Defining and ensuring the implementation of the overall supply procedures, of an efficient supply administration and providing adapted tools to support the different supply activities.
- Guaranteeing the standardization of warehouse management and the interactions with the distribution points
- Acting as a permanent auditor of the supply chain. Ensuring the stability of supply activities within regular and emergency intervention of the concerned projects
- Managing coordination supply team and participating to the follow-up (training-coaching) and evaluation
- Managing field visits on a regular basis to offer a permanent support to the direct and indirect supply stakeholders (30-40% of the time).
- Validating the use of the supply related third parties (suppliers, transport companies, freight forwarders, etc.) proposed by the procurement officers, transport manager together with the technical referents.
- Evaluating constantly the importation options, according to local evolution of the Iraqi context. Proposing changes of the strategy, if needed
- Improving purchase/ stock / delivery mechanisms and strategy - reducing local process lead times and focusing on the satisfaction of the client’s needs.
- Searching constantly the most suitable procurement solutions for the mission, according to the geographic constraints and the needs of the clients. Conducting Market Assessments, validating suppliers, creating contractual frameworks.
- Ensuring consumables quarterly orders for the whole mission
- Essential degree & specialization in Supply Chain/Logistics/Business administration/Economics.
- Computer literacy
- Mission language essential, local language desirable
- Experience (at least 3 years) mid/high level in Supply Chain operations, 2 years in NGO sector is a plus
- Experience in Iraqi importation process
- People Management and Development, Teamwork and Cooperation
- Flexibility, honesty, autonomously
- Decision making, capacity to work under pressure, proactivity
- Result and Quality Orientation
Applicants must submit their CVs no later than the 27th of March 2019 to the following address:
stating the job title in the subject line: Mission Supply Chain Manager
We strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED