These skills, knowledge and experience are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Graduate degree in directly related field, such as operations research, quantitative analysis, etc.; significant work experience in directly related field will be considered in lieu of specific M&E related education.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an international NGO in an emergency setting, including M&E capacity and systems
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision-making.
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal
- High-level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience using KOBO toolbox, SurveyCTO, ODK.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Knowledge of the political situation in Iraq is an asset
- Expertise within one of NRC’s core competencies is an asset
- Knowledge of UN system, experience with field level coordination with UN organizations, INGOs, donors and authorities
- Behavioral competencies
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances
- Ability to engage and motivate staff in a challenging program area
- Good coordination skills
- Goal oriented and visionary
- Patient, flexible and creative, and it helps if you have a sense of humour
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Reports to: Area Program Manager (APM) Southern Iraq Area Office
Supervision of: Monitoring and Evaluation Officers and assistants
Duty station: Southern Iraq Area Office (Ramadi)
Travel: Up to 40%
Duration and type of contract: 6 months with possibility of extension
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The M&E Coordinator role is to establish and implement systems to increase the availability and use of timely and accurate information at programs and at area office levels by catalysing the use of technology and data driven approach, for informed decision-making to ultimately improve the service provision and programme impact for people affected by displacement, and promote accountability. Within this context, the M&E Coordinator will provide technical support to in-country staff pertaining to M&E, build capacity in the country mission by identifying, and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient and meaningful M&E systems in NRC South Area Office.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Develop, support and maintain accountable and useful M&E and Accountability systems.
- Facilitate data analysis that supports decision-making, learning, and accountability.
- Capture and dissemination of lessons learned from monitoring data, grant closure reviews, Country Office (CO) evaluations, program studies, and NRC annual learning review (global).
- Support M&E planning and activities, and support M&E capacity building.
- Support external exercises i.e. evaluations, assuring the quality of the process in close coordination with the Core Competencies Advisors.
- Support the process to establish area office program level M&E and accountability (Community Accountability Response Mechanism - CARM) systems.
- Support and/or participate in the development of guidance and frameworks for area office procedures, policies and processes that assist in institutionalizing and supporting M&E.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including support on theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E.
- Participate in Area office strategy discussions to ensure M&E remains a high priority in the area office.
- Provide leadership, support to project, and area managers in planning and standardizing M&E across projects.
- Support project managers and coordinators through development of data collection methodology and tools, and systems for on-going data analysis.
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system for programme and M&E data.
- Ensure that monitoring data are fed into management decisions and used in programme management.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Support internal improvement processes (M&E matrixes, Macro Log Frames etc.) according to need.
- Encourage and support the absorption of lessons and recommendations at area office level, emerging from various AO (grant reviews, after action reviews, grant closures) and CO events (evaluations, assessments, technical visits, learning reviews)
- Facilitate data analysis and improving programme staff data literacy (and usage of institutional platform geared toward this) that supports strategic decision-making, learning, and accountability.
- Support M&E teams and project managers/coordinators to ensure that CARM is in place for each project, well understood by the team members/partners, and communicated to the beneficiaries.
- Manage CARM, categorization, sharing with relevant stakeholders, closure, and reporting.
- Supervise, support and mentor M&E Officers in executing M&E plans, M&E and Accountability (CARM) systems.
- Provide inputs to final donor reports on M&E sections
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Country Office based M&E teams ( including M&E Manager)
- Information Management Officers
- Core Competencies Specialists
- Area Managers
- Area Program Managers
- Area Project Managers/ Project Coordinators/Project Officers
- Grants Team
Interested and qualified candidates can apply for the position through below link: