- Develop relationships with all DGNGO and local authorities in Baghdad
- Develop relationships with relevant governmental department to facilitate Concern projects operations in Federal Iraq.
- Supporting HR/Admin on Concern’s registration renewals and legal follow up in Baghdad.
- Supporting HR/Admin on visa approval process for international staff in Bagdad.
- Supporting visa process with fixer/lawyer and securing visas for international staff including restricted nationalities.
- Securing No objection Certificates for Concern staff travelling in Federal Iraq areas.
- Securing travels for national and international staff from KRI region to Federal Iraq and vice versa for Concern staff “International and national on need basis”.
- Securing assets and supplies crossing from Federal Iraq to KRI and vice versa upon the approvals of Concern LogCoo and SD.
- Developing contacts with liaison officers of other humanitarian organizations to find synergies and collect information for CD.
- Supporting CD on legal matters, like the court cases and back door diplomacies.
- Attending cluster meetings in Baghdad with approval of CD.
Programme Design, Development and Implementation in Coordination with Program Director (PD)
- Identify and respond to opportunities to expand programmers/impact.
- Support PD in developing and managing programmers in assigned area to ensuring effective and efficient response to the needs of targeted vulnerable communities.
- Lead the need assessments process to assess the WASH, Food, NFI Protection needs of IDPs, returnees and host communities.
- Develop mechanism to ensure effective utilization and monitoring of logistics and transport resources
- Working with the PD, Finance, procurement/logistics and Iraq programme team to complete quality documentation of all the processes in timely manner and to ensure compliance with Concern’s policies and procedures.
- Identify the needs and recommend appropriate adjustments & course corrections to planned interventions.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Support Concern’s work in Iraq by undertaking other tasks as directed by the Programme Manager in Iraq
HR, Finance, Admin and Logistics
- Manage the Finance officer in day-to-day cash management and ensure cash transactions and management are in line with Concern procedures in coordination with Finance Department in Iraq.
- Manage the HR officer in recruitment procedures, staff documents, CTOs and leaves in coordination with HR Department in Iraq.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of logistics (including transport), administration and human resources functions in line with organizational policy and coordination with Systems Department in Iraq.
- In cooperation with Programme managers and, oversee and manage longer-term planning within logs, Admin and HR functions within programme area.
- Support the SD in security monitoring and reporting for Iraq.
- Closely monitor the security situation and regularly inform the SD on any changes.
- Ensure that all staff in jurisdiction area adhere to security protocols.
- Participate in Security Focal Group meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the relevant local authorities and key stakeholders.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment. e.g. Programme Participant Protection Policy, Equality, Anti-Fraud Policy and Accountability standards.
- Promote high standards of performance and service delivery by future systems team to ensure the success of the overall programme in Iraq
- Ensure all Concern policies and guidelines are adhered to by staff and local partners in Jurisdiction
- Any other duties as assigned by CD/SD
- Primary BA degree in administration, business, management or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ Liaison/Systems/Security and Safety experience, with management experience, of which at least two years’ working overseas with an NGO; Logistics/HR/Admin experience; stores management experience
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic. both written and verbal
- Strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills. Able to prioritize and handle a diverse and heavy workload.
- Willingness and ability to communicate with people and to contribute to local staff capacity development
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team
- Politically and culturally sensitive
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 2 years’ experience in management role
- Proven ability in report writing
- Working knowledge of English
- Outgoing personality with excellent training skills
Experience of working/living in an insecure
Please clearly note the position applied for in the email subject line.
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please forward your updated CV to: Iraq.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: November 18, 2019
Please note that candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing date for application.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All candidates who are short-listed for a first round interview will be notified via email