All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
Under the supervision of the Medical Coordinator/Project Medical Referent, the Pharmacy Manager takes responsibility for defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the Mission, according to INTERSOS standards and values, with consideration of national and donor’s regulations, in order to ensure the quality and proper organization of medical supply process, procedures and protocols, the proper management of the medical stock in the projects and, in collaboration with the medical team, the correct use of medicines and medical material.
- Ensures proper implementation of quality drugs supply system in line with INTERSOS standards and ensuring quality assurance
- Ensures the record of all items received and issued in appropriate electronic or hard management tool/database and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalize the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assists in training of medical team (doctors, nurses, Pharmacy Assistants, etc) regarding dispensing of drugs, pharmacy record keeping and rational drug use.
- Supports the MedCo/PMR in representing and defending INTERSOS interests before the Donors, Ministry of Health and other local authorities or local suppliers for any issue concerning pharmaceutical supply, in order to ensure stock procurement in the projects while complying with the national laws and donor’s regulations and following INTERSOS protocols.
- Collaborating in budgeting, forecasting and preparing drug and other medical material orders together with Medical and Logistic Coordinators.
- Supports the Medical Coordinator/PMR regarding the follow-up of EPREP planning and maintenance of medical emergency kits.
- Supports by participating in all drug and medical material supply processes and ensuring its overall efficiency and effectiveness. This involves regular technical visits to project sites to ensure appropriate follow up of activities and management of field pharmacies; collecting and analysing stock indicators according to physical records and logistic across different project’s sites and together with the PMR and Medical Coordinator taking corrective decisions when necessary and providing technical pharmacy support regarding pharmaceutical information, medication use (protocols and rational drug use), management of side effects, adherence issues etc.
- Supporting activities at service level for effective drug distribution and control, quality prescription (rational drug use), medicines reconciliation, follow up of pharmaceutical care plans and patient counselling and good dispensing practices.
- Monitors the procurement process and taking corrective measures when needed, ensuring regular communication with Medical, Logistics, HR and Finance departments regarding Medical Supply and Pharmacy Management. Supporting the Medical Coordinator in order to ensure local medical purchases are made from approved sources, subject to approval of the Medical Coordinator.
- Being responsible for follow-up of loans/donations and management of expired medications according to INTERSOS procedures (and national legislation in case of expired drugs).
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Participates in reporting according to INTERSOS guidelines (Sit reps and other relevant reports) and reporting on drug consumption and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns.
- Ensures storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols, implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- In collaboration with Liaison and logistics, facilitate the process of obtain all the necessary transport clearance and ensure timely transportation of medications to the all field locations (DoH central pharmacy or PHCC)
- Ensures efficient supply to field’s pharmacies according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending fields pharmacies/end-user units in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs
- Any other related task assigned by the Medical Coordinator/PMR
Education and professional experience:
- Degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm or PharmD) is mandatory
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience in a similar environment/Humanitarian context
- Possession of a valid practicing certificate
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Service Orientation.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Manages effectively his/her own time as well as flexible and available to work over time when needed
- Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic Languages
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination.
For those interested and meet the required criteria, please click HERE to apply.
Kindly note that:
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
- INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date.
- The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.
إنترسوس تتمتع بتكافؤ الفرص وتحتفظ بالحق للجميع في التقدم للوظائف الشاغرة دون أي تمييز.
للمهتمين والذين يستوفون المعايير المطلوبة ، يرجى النقر هنا للتقديم.
لطفا لاحظ ذلك:
- سيتم الاتصال فقط لمن يكون ضمن قائمة المرشحين المختصرة.
- يجب تحميل سيرتك الذاتية بصيغة
- تقوم انترسوس بمراجعة التقديمات بصورة دورية ، ونحتفظ بالحق في إغلاق الوظيفة الشاغرة قبل تاريخ الإغلاق المذكور في حال ايجاد الشخص المناسب.
- سيتم إعطاء الأفضلية للمرشحين المؤهلين من سكان المنطقة.