Médecins Sans Frontières - MSF is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF / Baghdad Medical Rehabilitation Centre is seeking for: PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Following medical prescription, plan and carry out individual treatment programmes, by assessing patients’ physical state, in order to maintain, improve or rehabilitate the physical well-being of the patient and prevent physical handicaps.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The physiotherapist provides physiotherapy care for patients, with mainly traumatology injuries, during and post hospitalization, aiming to obtain normal to near normal functioning, considering the patient’s condition / disability.
- Follow the assessment guidelines of the department.
- Assess the functional status of all patients and their need for assistive devices or any other support regarding their functional mobility on arrival and as needed during their stay in the project.
- Assess the short- and long-term physiotherapy needs for all new patients, based on the history, physical, laboratory and radiology examinations, surgical and medical recommendations.
- Re-assess the patient before discharge, according to the guidelines of the department.
- Undertake suitable physiotherapy treatments as prescribed on the physiotherapy prescription, in order to avoid complications and to regain the patient’s functioning capacities.
- Train patients for the proper use of various assistive devices. Adjust the assistive devices to the patient’s needs.
- Prepare the approved splint on prescription.
- Reassess the patient’s condition on a regular basis and based on this, adapt the treatment plan as needed.
- Give the patient individualized home exercises before discharge.
- Provide training to families and caretakers on home exercises, as appropriate.
- Conduct a detailed handover regarding the content of the physical therapy to his / her physiotherapy colleagues as appropriate.
- Participate actively in preparation of IPD rounds and OPD meetings (or attend upon request of supervisor) by sharing the patient’s physiotherapy status, problems and progress; and request physiotherapy prescriptions as needed.
- Communicate with BMRC healthcare professionals regarding the patient’s problems, needs and progress.
- Bachelor in physiotherapy/Diploma in physiotherapy
- 2 years, experience with MSF is an asset
- Arabic, Basic English required
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in traumatology, orthopaedics and chest physiotherapy
- Ability to communicate properly with patients, families/ caretakers and medical staff
- Ability to work within a team
- Time and work management abilities as well as autonomy
- Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiative
- Professional attitude and committed to work in the best interest of the patients
- Flexibility/ Willingness to learn and develop professionally
- Applicants must submit their CVs no later than the 24th of January 2020 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line: PHYSIOTHERAPIST
- We strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
- ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
- Please indicate in your Cover Letter how you were aware of this announcement.
- FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.