This Inclusive Peace and Security (IPS) program is implemented by Women Empowerment Organization in partnership with Search for Common Ground, and it intends to strengthen women and youth’s meaningful, enduring participation in advancing inclusive peace and security in Iraq.
The Program Coordinator will plan and coordinate the project and its activities and oversee project implementation to ensure that the project aligns with the set objectives as per the agreement with the donor and to track expenditures as per the agreed budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Programs, the Program Coordinator shall perform the following duties:
1- Oversee and manage the project implementation in all its phases and in all the covered areas in coordination with the Director of Programs;
2- Have a broad knowledge of WPS, INAP & Alliance 1325.
3- Manage activities related to peacebuilding, community dialogues, co-existence and social cohesion.
4- Prepare detailed work plans and budget breakdowns for the different phases of the project to guide the team and related departments on the project implementation plan and requirements per phase;
5- Ensure that the project is delivered on time, within the scope and within budget
6- Conduct field assessments & surveys to collect data and analyze them for project design and implementation;
7- Coordinate between various project teams and other departments and offices and guide them through the different phases to make sure that the project is implemented as per the set objectives and targeted activities;
8- Follow up on the project progress, monitor and assess project implementation, and prepare regular reports such as weekly, monthly, quarterly and final reports;
9- Facilitate coordination with the donors, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders,
10- Manage and organize the documentation of the project as per the different phases and ensure that all documents are archived in hard and soft copies;
11- Perform any other task that might be requested by Director of Programs.
· University degree in Business Management, or related fields,
· At least five years of experience in project management or project implementation,
· Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills,
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills mainly in English and Arabic; Kurdish is an asset,
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and project management tools,
· High professional ethics and confidentiality standards in a diverse workplace,
· Conducting field trips and travel to other cities/countries as per job requirements
· Flexibility with regard to long working hours or working on weekends if required.