CHF Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is commencing responding directly in Syria, intensifying CHF’s assistance to Syrian IDPs. This will be done through an approach to programming where Project will be focused on sustainability rather than relief delivery.
CHF is currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Syria.
The overall responsibility of the Project Finance Officer will be to support accounting and financial management function for the country program and ensure compliance with KRI legislation and taxation system. The Project Finance Officer will liaise with banks and money facilitators companies, relevant Ministries or Authorities.
The position of Project Finance Officer reports to the Finance Coordinator.
The Project Finance Officer is responsible for the following:
- Implement CHF International financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare the financial transactions and maintain CHF International computerized operations by using Intuit’s QuickBooks.
- Communicate with Banks to effectively complete all payments, reports, statements.
- Review all procurement documents to ensure adequate and official supporting documents are attached, ensure the accuracy of amounts and proper procedure is followed.
- Prepare payment requests and organize the transfer for the payments.
- Prepare journal entries and record all transactions in the QuickBooks.
- Filing all entries and ensure that all required supporting documents are attached to each entry.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a weekly basis.
- Prepare the monthly closings and monthly reports in compliance with CHF international policies and procedures
- Provide assistance to staff on processes and documents for travel, advance, expense claims, document retrieval, etc. Overseeing requests for advances/reimbursements..etc.
- Work closely with HR in payroll preparation, and ensure accurate calculation of taxes.
- Ensure the accuracy of the organization's official bookkeeping related to all the payments, ensure all transactions are registered in an accurate and correct manner.
- Ensure all tax schedules are paid in a timely manner.
- Supervise and lead Finance Assistants.
- Any other assignments as required.
Education and Training
- University Degree in accounting and/or finance is mandatory
- Good knowledge of International Accounting Standards.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an accountant or finance officer position in local NGOs and/ or donor-funded programs (excluding internships and training) is mandatory.
- Experience in Project accounting and financial management
- Prior experience with USAID funded programs preferred.
- Finance team management is preferred.
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- Team player with excellent planning skills
- Excellent command of excel and other database applications.
- Good knowledge and skills in financial software, working knowledge of Quickbooks would be considered an asset.
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce solutions to complex problems.
- Team management skills.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
- Culture sensitivity and excellent understanding of cross-culture working environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter with three references to “IraqHR@chfinternational.org” No later than 23 of January 2020 and mention the position you are applying for to the subject section.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted