Under the direct supervision of Programme Coordinator at Harikar NGO in Duhok Governorate and in close coordination with Harikar concerned staff, the project officer under UNFPA programme will coordinate daily operational issues and activities of Refugees, IDPs, Returnees and host communities of GBV, Youth and SRH teams to ensure efficient, appropriate and timely response and prevention to GBV and protection related issues to all Refugees, IDPs and returnees residing in camps and non-camp areas in Dohuk and Ninawa governorates. In line with the long-term strategy of transitioning to development phase, He/ She will align all GBV, youth and SRH response and prevention activities, training of staffs, community, and other relevant service providers, monitoring and evaluation of program activities, monitoring security situation and maintaining close relationship with local government/ local leaders and representing Harikar in ALL coordination related activities.
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Supervises: Project staff
Main Duties and Responsibilities Program Management, Development, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- In collaboration with the Programme Coordinator, provide technical leadership related to project design and development, planning, implementation, and overall project management of the Project interventions.
- Develop technically sound work plans consistent with program goals and objectives in coordination with project staff.
- Ensure Mainstreaming of Age, Gender & Diversity and other protection and GBV related issues within Harikar NGO projects to promote safe, dignified, and equitable access to resources and services for all.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plans that can strengthen the program and widen the reach of Harikar NGO.
- Formulate strategies to address GBV concerns of the affected populations and ensure timely support is provided to survivors and other persons of concern in both emergency and protracted humanitarian set-ups.
- Lead in conducting internal assessment on protection, GBV and Youth concerns, identify programmatic gaps and develop sound interventions to mitigate against the risks identified.
- Compile and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual reports to the GBV consultant or any other relevant party
- Take lead & coordinate GBV and Youth related events including donor field visits and ensure proper visibility in all service delivery points under UNFPA programme.
- Ensure adherence to Accountability standards are mainstreamed in Harikar NGO Projects.
- Provide technical support in linking Harikar NGO programmes to relevant protection standards and ensuring a Survivor Centered and Rights Based approach to all programming.
- Ensure prompt procurement of program related items & services in liaison with Logistics department
- Ensure that the GBV protection programmes are implemented in accordance with Harikar NGO standard regulations and operational procedures.
Training & Capacity development:
- Provide on-going oversight, training, and guidance to Harikar NGO& Partner agency staff to ensure GBV programming meets best practice standards and prioritizes the safety and security of beneficiaries and staff.
- Provide on-going technical support and mentorship for the Center Managers and other key program staff to develop professional and technical competency skills including the prevention and response to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA)
- Provide technical feedback to staff on monthly narrative reports received from the field thus guaranteeing that established program targets and objectives are being met.
- Ensure that confidentiality is always maintained when sharing data and information about persons of concern;
- Maintain cooperative relationships with partners;
- Maintain high professional and ethical standard when both on and off duty, including upholding the principles and practices set out in the Code of Conduct and adhering to international standards;
- Seek guidance and technical support when needed with “Do no harm” principle being the priority at all times.
Required Qualifications & Experience, Education:
- University degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, Social Work or related fields.
- Minimum 3 year of work experience in management, Psychology, Social Sciences, Social Work aspects or similar work, GBV or protection related field
- Respect the code of conduct and other policies i.e. PSEA, child safe guarding of Harikar and the standards of the GBV team
All application should be supplied with a CV and a letter of application, detailing a brief description of why the applicant’s qualification and previous work history are suitable to the position.
Application should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to Harikar local NGO, indicating the applicant’s name, the post applied for, and should be delivered to the following address:
Harikar Local NGO
Nohadra Quarter, Jeen Street, 32/4, 1005, BA Duhok.
Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
Or via this Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position they are applying for (Project Officer) in the subject line of the email.
Applications with no subject line will not be considered.