Job Information Protection Assistant (Case Management)- Qayyarah NGO InformationJob Information
Contract Duration 6 months
Job Shift Day
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Minimum Experience 1 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2018-10-11
Deadline Date 2018-10-20Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Case Management Assistant
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
About the job
The Protection Assistant (Case Management) is responsible for the delivery of case management and Special Needs Fund support in their area of operation.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Case management service provision
- Provide general protection case management services in compliance with best-practice and international standards in protection response (including DRC case management SOP’s) including assessment of need, development of case plan and referral/facilitation of access to services, follow-up, and case closure.
- Ensure and oversee that specialised needs, including Child Protection Case Management and GBV Case Management, are referred to specialized service providers, and that at all times caseworkers are safeguarding the safety and respect of the survivor, in addition to the confidentiality of his/her information and his/her right to access services without any discrimination.
- At all times safeguard the safety and respect of the individual, in addition to the confidentiality of his/her information and his/her right to access services without any discrimination.
- Attend weekly case review meetings with the Case Management Officer to ensure adherence to standards of care and quality case management
Monitoring and reporting
- Produce reports as required by the case management officer (including weekly reports)
- Accurately update the protection case management database ensuing adherence to data protection protocols
- Maintain complete, accurate, and confidential case files to document client interactions and interventions using DRC tools, ensuring adherence to data protection protocols
- Participate in weekly and monthly work planning as directed by case management officer
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on issues in the implementation of the program
- Support the officer in data analysis of case management data in a safe and ethical manner
Coordination and representation:
- Collaborate with other DRC sectors and NGOs to ensure a coordinated and collaborative response to the provision of services and assistance for those benefiting from case management
- Maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers
- Advocate for the needs of vulnerable children both internally and through coordination mechanisms through evidencebased advocacy
- Ensure up-to-date understandings of service providers operating in the area based on available service mappings and coordination with stakeholders
- Maintain positive work relationship within the team, and promote team-building efforts in coordination with case management officer
- Ensure respect of DRC Code of Conduct
- Participate in training and coaching as required on case management process, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the Case Management Officer
- Reporting to: Team Leader- Protection
How To Apply
Experience, Education and technical competencies:
- 1-2 years of experience in protection related work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times;
- Strong understanding of basic counseling and psychosocial support concepts; previous training in these areas strongly preferred
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, work independently, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed
- Willing to collaborate with and support people from different ethnic groups and different religions
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict
- Bachelor/Degree in Social work, Counseling, psychology or other related field
- Previous experience in international organizations \
- Previous experience providing case management services
- Previous experience providing counselling and/or psychosocial support services
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in Arabic is a required
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Designation of Duty Station: Qayyarah
Start date: 1 December 2018
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 20-October-2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo