AT OXFAM, WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY.
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT
Oxfam Anbar Office
Publishing date: - 28 July 2021
Closing date: - 11 August 2021
Vacancy reference: - INT7747
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Page 2 of 7
Job Profile Template Oct 2018
The Human Resources department is responsible for people strategy; ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of Oxfam’s human resource operations in country through management of the Oxfam human resources and implementing administrative processes, policies, procedures and systems.
The purpose of the Human Resources team is to maintain a fair, equitable and positive work environment for all employees in support of the values and goals of Oxfam in Iraq. In pursuit of this HR Team undertakes to:
Provide professional HR consultation to the Country Programme regarding staffing, organizational effectiveness, training and development, reward and benefits compensation, social justice, equality and related practices
Recruit and hire the most qualified employees by supporting and advising recruiting managers in relation to:
• Actual staffing needs
• Ensuring an effective review process
• Identifying the best and most cost-effective recruitment sources
• Providing a professional interface for prospective employees
• Conducting thorough reference checks
• Establish, administer, and communicate sound policies and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining compliance with applicable law, policy and regulation
As per Oxfam Salary Scale
Hours of work: Please amend if required. 40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage
This role reports to:
All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.
• Support all recruitment processes (Job posting, Longlisting, Selection process, Offering, screening, contracting, onboarding and Inductions).
• Prepare Offers & contract, secure references, facilitate security background check and pre-employment medical check-up process for staff.
• scheduling induction for new joiners and ensure that induction meetings are done timely and induction checklist is updated, signed and filed in personal file.
• Manages and maintains staff leave, R&R, time sheets and attendance schedules. And ensures that absence is proactively managed.
• Support in ensuring that employee medical records are up to date and that arrangements are facilitated if necessary, for any medical treatment that is required.
• Manages relations with medical service providers, monitors medical expenses and ensures medical staff records are handled and kept in a confidential manner
• To collect objectives and performance reviews, and Share performance review report with country HR Team as required.
• Support line managers and teams on processes relating to performance management.
• Ensure file management is properly done digitally and electronically.
• Enter staff medicals HR system and run reports for medicals on weekly basis.
• Update GOLD completely, timely and accurately regularly.
• Ensure GOLD reports are provided whenever needed.
• Ensure that gender and diversity is mainstreamed through all HR and administration work.
• To take up any other responsibility that may be assigned by the line manager.
Page 4 of 7
Job Profile Template Oct 2018
Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related fields.
• At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Exposure to Iraqi labour law and employment equity regulations.
• Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
• Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Good written and spoken English, Arabic skills.
• Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
• Commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
• Flexibility & adaptability.
• Pleasant and courteous personality.
• Efficient and organized.
• Possesses initiative, patience, tact, and able to work with minimum supervision
• Able to work under pressure and in insecure areas.
• Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
• Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work
• Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
OXFAM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this Vacancy, please visit the job advert using the below link:
Application only should be WORD-PDF format.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.