Mission East worked in Dohuk from 2003-2005. In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for displaced people. Our current programme in Iraq focusses on psychosocial support, shelter, distribution of non-food items, WASH, and cash assistance in Dohuk, Ninewa and Kirkuk Governorates. More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
There is a continuous need for support to children and their families who are or have been exposed to violence, abuse, neglect and/or exploitation. These children may have developed negative coping mechanisms which may lead to ineffective or even inappropriate behaviour. The impact Mission East aims to reach through its case management services is to reduce these risks and to build resilience within the community instead.
The Security Assistant-Ninewa, based in Sinuni will work under the direct line management of the Security Manager. He/she will be responsible for managing security and safety of the ME staff and assets and liaison in Ninewa.
Main duties and accountabilities
- Ensure safety and Security of the ME staff.
- Develop and execute a security plan for the Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Reports to the Security Manager (SM) on all Security related matters within their AoR
- Provide advice to the SM on all Security related matters
- Maintain liaison with all relevant Agencies and Government Departments on security related matters as and when required.
- Maintain liaison with Local Security forces & /Government Agencies and Local Authorities.
- Establish a methodology for the collection, analysis and dissemination of security information gathered from contacts, national, local and social media sources
- Maintain a Data base of security incidents.
- Ensure timely passage of information as received and passed onto the SM.
- Develop, Maintain, Review and Ensure the implementation of Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s);
- Take all mitigating measures according to the country Security Management plan and SoPs
- Monitor, record and Track staff movement.
- Act as a Warden and ensure Warden System is properly applied in his/her AoR in the event of an Emergency
- Attend all relevant meetings.
- Maintain Google Earth/Google Map files of all relevant frontline changes and security/access impacts in project areas.
- Deliver security briefing as part of the induction process for new staff and visitors and when requested.
- Liaise and develop networks with other humanitarian security counter parts.
- Conduct Security briefings
- Assist in the recruitment, training and supervision of local security guards
- Liaise with regional local authorities to discuss potential problems and plan possible methods of resolution;
- Process Security Clearances for Regional/Area travel/movement, Coordinate and track staff/vehicle movement;
- Prepare and Disseminate up-to-date Security Situation briefs to all ME local staff
- Conduct routine investigations and security assessments to ensure the safety of staff to enter or return to a location where actual or suspected problems exist;
- Conduct routine security surveys of office and residential areas and premises when directed;
- Conduct investigations and prepare reports on minor cases of theft, illegal entry, assault, or other incidents when the extent of the infraction is readily determinable;
- Prepare Security reports,
- Identify training needs and liaise with the SM for the provision of training;
- Establish a professional, informative and flexible relationship with the program clients.
- Escort expat travellers when required and supervise all drivers in that location.
- Ability to work long hours
- Perform other security related duties as assigned.
- Strong sense of client service
- Excellent communication skills written and spoken in English, Arabic and Kurdish
- 3 years relevant experience in the required field
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Earth, Maps
- Good organizational skills
- Strong understanding of Ninewa and Iraq security dynamics, places and culture
- Experience in Military or Security related field is desirable.
- Ability to manage priorities and follow deadlines.
- Ability to live and work in a stressful and volatile environment.
- Willing to travel with short notice and often in difficult conditions
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CV's in English on email@example.com with indicating the "Security Assistant (ME/NIN/SIN/073/062019)" in the subject line of the email no later than June 23rd, 2019. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer