About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within now and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps has worked across Iraq’s 18 governorates since 2003, implementing relief and development
programming, more than a third of which has focused on the specific needs of refugees and displaced persons. Mercy Corps Iraq current goal is to work with new and existing civil society, public and private sector partners to meet immediate and long-term needs by strengthening communities’ ability to rebuild amidst increasing crisis. Mercy Corps Iraq focuses on (1) a relief-to-resilience pathway to meet the needs of conflict-affected communities leveraging agency expertise in conflict management and civil society development (2) a humanitarian response that empowers conflict-affected populations to meet their own needs (3) partnering with conflict-affected adolescents to address their diverse needs, promoting leadership and linkages with civil society.
General Position Summary
The Senior Admin and Reporting Officer will be based at Mercy Corps’ Erbil office which acts as the main office for each of our field offices (Haditha (sub-office), Ramadi, Baghdad, Mosul, Khanaqin, Sulaymaniyah, Tikrit and Kirkuk). The Senior Admin and Reporting Officer will be primarily responsible in supporting WASH program teams in North and KRG (Erbil, Kirkuk and Ninawa) in term of administrative, and all WASH program team in term of internship and reporting with the supervisory support of the WASH Program Manager for North & KRG. S/he will work closely with the field teams and other departments. This position will be responsible in supporting the program team to coordinate with different departments includes Operations, Finance, MEL, and Grant.
Providing administrative works including program filing, organizing meetings, drafting meeting minutes, updating relevant program trackers, consolidation of program-related document, ensuring sound coordination and information sharing, internal and external reporting, ensuring that all information and data from the field is captured, documented, analyzed and reported to internal and external audiences (as needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Organize and assist in workshops, training and meetings which includes take detailed meeting minutes, material preparation, copying and supply purchasing.
- Provide administrative support to the WASH Program Manager for North and KRG.
- Support WASH program teams in getting AAM signatures and approvals, largely in Erbil.
- Provide verbal and written translation for program, as necessary.
- Ability to travel and follow up with other offices in administrative matters, as necessary.
- Manage WASH program files (soft and hard copies) for North & KRG (Erbil, Kirkuk and Ninawa).
- Develop internship tools, filling internship documents, maintaining internship data and supporting internship activities as needed,
- Develop and follow up on internship capacity building plans, selection of interns, tracking interns, processing payments for interns, daily coordination with interns,
- Liaising with sub award NGOs, processing payments, supporting in developing plans, monitoring activities,
- Develop and manage a tracking system for programs; such as budget expenditure, payment request among others to improve efficiency at the workplace.
- Ensure all documentation, project activities tracking procedures are in line with internal systems and rules
- Manage the stakeholder register and contact lists for national and governorate level contacts.
- Prepare contracts, agreement for partners or target program recipients.
- Ensure that all supporting documents for PRs and payment requests are properly filed, documented and photocopied for filling.
- Raise PRs as needed.
- Develop, maintain and update PR, Memo, SC and other tracking system, for WASH North & KRG.
- Prepare and track all procurement processes with any paper work related to program administration and implementation, including but not limited to (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Service Agreements, Contracts, and Payment Requests) in coordination with the team.
- Deliver sound coordination and information sharing and accurate and timely internal reports are submitted to the different departments (Operations, Finance, HR, MEL).
- Responsible for share the CARM cases with the relevant Project Manager or CARM focal point and then close the case.
- Organize weekly and monthly meetings and take detailed meeting minutes.
- Represent Mercy Corps in internal and external meetings, as needed.
- Prepare the monthly WASH report for all Iraq from the monthly reports of the governorates.
- Compile reports from all governorates, Compile databases, manage SADD data, track databases against PR/POs/SC,
- Compile and submit monthly and quarterly WASH meeting minutes.
- Follow-up with the WASH Project Managers on their update of the WASH cluster reporting tools.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly meeting agendas in consultation with the WASH program managers and the Program Director.
- Keep track and provide support to make sure that COVID-19 standards and guidance are applied and reflecting in the monthly reports,
- Conduct bilateral meetings with the Project Managers to establish ownership and effective contribution in the internal and external reports (include monthly, Semi-annual and final reports).
- Write reports or conduct research to effectively disseminate successes, learning and impact from WASH's work to internal and external audiences;
- Prepare the internal and external reports (include monthly, Semi-annual and final reports).
- Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Must have strong organization skills with capacity to help contribute to developing and enhancing internal systems and processes.
- Adhere to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals.
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our
understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they
serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps
as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward
accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and
development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design,
monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: WASH Program Manager for North and KRG
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: WASH Program Manager for South and Center, WASH Project Managers, and other WASH team members in North and KRG, other departments including Operations, Finance and HR, MEL and Grant Teams.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Program Administrative Assistant.
Knowledge and Experience
- Two - three years of administrative work experience, reporting and strong technical knowledge on basic program and financial management.
- Experience working with an INGO is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, analyzing and reporting.
- Ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Professional certification, license or technical coursework.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, and strong writing and editing skills are required
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic, both written and verbal is required.
- Knowledge of Kurdish is an advantage.
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
- Must have high level of organizational skills.
- Ability to support both external and internal stakeholders through accurate reporting.
- Ability to prepare budgets and track them accurately throughout the year.
- Ability to learn quickly and adhere to MC policies/procedures.
The successful Programs Administrative Officer will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
multi-tasking, demonstrated attention to details, will be committed to work long hours. S/he will be highly
motivated, with initiative and capable to work without direct supervision. S/he will be willing to conduct field
travels and work in ethnically and culturally diversified team. S/he must know how to prioritize tasks and deliver outputs on time. S/he must have good writing English skills.
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions. S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow Mercy Corps procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs to the email address email@example.com before the deadline indicated below.
Please indicate on the subject of the email the title of the position you are applying for, for full position description for the noted posts, please visit websites NCCI and F-Job.
ALL APPLICATIONS/CVs SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY August 18, 2020
Mercy Corps will review CV’s and applications on a rolling basis (i.e., as applications are submitted).
Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps Human Resources policies and procedures. As soon as qualified candidates are identified the positions will be closed automatically. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interview. Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply.