- Oversee the implementation of all outreach team leaders components and teams
- Coordinate outreach team leaders and act as a focal point to the Accountability and Outreach manager
- Establish a connection with communities and mobilize community members to engage in community-based protection.
- Coordinate closely with local authorities, formal and informal, as well as refugee/IDP community focal points in each area, establishing and maintaining positive relationships.
- Identify suitable OVs.
- Manage OVs in a given area.
- Organize and facilitate trainings for OVs on Community-Based Protection, UNHCR’s Code of Conduct, Specific Needs etc., with support from the Outreach Project Manager.
- Receive referrals from OVs.
- Uphold SWEDO and UNHCR’s code of conduct, and ensure that all persons of concern are treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with humanitarian principles and human rights standards.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Based on the standard operating procedure, taking action, such as providing information, referring the call to another unit, or informing senior management about the nature of the call.
- Tracking the status of each case and ensuring that follow-ups are being made, and working to increase levels of beneficiary satisfaction with the follow-ups provided by SWEDO.
- Regularly seeking appropriate and updated information from the core competencies/programme team to provide to beneficiaries.
- Entering beneficiary data into the SWEDO beneficiary database.
- Bachelor Degree or Master in Project Management;
- At least three years’ experience with community mobilization or organizing community-based activities is a significant asset.
- Fluency in Kurdish, Arabic & English Languages;
- Time management skills and effective problem-solving skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to work with both community members as well as local authorities in a sensitive and respectful manner, and ensuring that all community members are represented.
- Willingness to work in all areas of Erbil Governorate.
- Must work well within ethnically or religiously diverse groups.
- Team-building skills, able to effectively mobilize and motivate both staff and volunteers
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to email@example.com, Subject line must read: S-IR-VA-20040, Senior Outreach Team Leader, Erbil
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements o received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply