iMMAP is an international non-governmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
IMMAP IN IRAQ
iMMAP has had an established presence in Iraq since 2004 and has currently around 80 staff over 13 governorates in the country and in 3 main offices located in Erbil, Baghdad, and Basra. Since the start of its operations in Iraq, iMMAP has built a solid acceptance from local authorities and the population allowing access and implementation of activities throughout the country, in both the Iraqi Kurdistan and Federal Iraq areas.
SCOPE OF WORK and Responsibilities
The Senior Web developer, based in Erbil with traveling to the whole of Iraq, will work with related software and programs to create online/offline forms and tools. The Senior Web developer is responsible for configuration/developing documentation and guidelines which clearly state how to manage the newly developed information management tools. The candidate relates and utilizes the newly collected data for spatial analysis and the design/update of online/offline forms and databases. Develop online and offline applications for process management, data collection, and statistic reporting. Training junior developers on programming technology to enhance the organization's capability to build tools and applications.https://careers.immap.org/jobs/348
- Design and update required online and offline apps to support iMMAP IM with data analysis and provide the required training.
- Design online dashboards for data and design required charts and maps.
- Provide maintenance, support, development, and improvements to the Integrated Information System.
- Implement and execute a database backup plan of all systems
- Provide visualization and Analysis of spatial data to incorporate into further analysis.
- Provide rich contextual analysis and translates diverse data sources into useful information.
- Design and develop training materials and conduct training and capacity building of partners to ensure partners are able to successfully report on activities.
- Requirements gathering and implementation for real-time reporting and statistical analysis in country-level contexts based on the country-level Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP).
- Server setup, administration, management, and optimization including documentation.
- Identification of new technologies and methods to improve the maintainability and scalability of the application.
- Prioritize software development projects, set timelines, and assign tasks to team members
- Train the junior developers on programming languages and platforms of PHP,C#, ASP.net and MCV
- Ensure our software documentation is up-to-date46
- Complete additional tasks assigned by the Technical Advisor and IMMAP Country
- Able to travel to all provinces in Iraq for any Information Management support.
- University degree in Information Technology, mathematics, statistics, or related area.
- Full-stack – specific:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Information Technology, mathematics, statistics, or related area.
- Mastery of the principles of data handling and processing.
- In-depth knowledge of database design, web application development, computer networks, related hardware, and peripheral equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Minimum 7 years experience in web development
- Extensive experience in:
- MySQL, MSSQL
- 6years of relevant work experience in the design and implementation of web development applications
- Full-stack – specific:
- 7 years of relevant work experience in the design and implementation of web development applications.
- Experience in design and implementation training and capacity building.
- Experience with location-based data storage, data formats, manipulation, and analysis.
- Experience with training and capacity building.
- Capable of delivering software products with minimal supervision
- Soft skills
- Ability to work in an organized manner, can carry several projects at the same time, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate, in an effective and visually creative way, information and ideas in a written and oral manner.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse, and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.