The Shelter Coordinator is responsible for the day to day screening and the ongoing coordination of program components in support of residents’ self-sufficiency work. The Coordinator also helps residents to seek and obtain permanent housing. The Shelter Coordinator supports, encourages, advocates for, monitors, and holds residents accountable to their individual plans. The Shelter Coordinator recruits and trains volunteers who supervise the shelter.
- undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs
- undertaking complex calculations
- liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
- compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
- resolving design and development problems
- managing budgets and project resources
- scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time
CNSF seek graduates who are commercially aware and capable of working well within a team environment. Other key skills include:
- sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
- the ability to think methodically and to manage projects
- problem-solving skills
- ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- complete knowledge of relevant legislation
Must be in Erbil and familiar with construction and management
Applicants must send a CV and the cover letter in English, to Iraq.email@example.com.
CV only applications will not be considered.
The position opens till filled.
Please state Project Coordinator the subject line of the email.