• The successful candidate ensures timely and quality implementation of Shelter component of the PUI Program in close collaboration and under direction of Project Manager
• S/he ensures accountability of the Shelter component implementation in coordination with external stakeholders, mainly beneficiaries and local authorities
• S/he supervises and is responsible for assessment stage and all technical aspects of the project implementation; ensures that all activities are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to Shelter sector guidelines, PUI operations procedures and regulations, and as per the approved project proposal
• S/he ensures the proper documentation and its storage in compliance with donor’s requirements
• S/he manages team of daily workers as directed by Project Manager 2- RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ACTIVITIES • Assesses Shelter needs, prepares technical evaluation and develops technical solutions
• Prepares bills of quantities and designs
• Reviews technical drawings and specifications, and suggests improvements if necessary
• Prepares work schedule and action plans for implementation of Shelter activities
• Surveys project sites to ensure planned progress and required quality of works
• Oversees works on the selected sites along with and in close collaboration with the contracted company and/or representatives from local authorities
• Conducts quality control of materials and equipment used for construction and/or rehabilitation activites
• Maintains inventory records of building materials and equipment, and reports their status
• Identifies and timely reports to Project Manager any challenges, setbacks or risks that may occur providing advice on needed solutions or actions
• Performs other tasks as requested by Project Manager MANAGEMENT, COORDINATION AND SUPPORT FUNCTIONS
• Ensures recruitment of the operation teams (such as daily workers, operators) in close coordination and under guidance of Project Manager
• Contributes to the development of training and capacity building materials if needed
• Plans and provides training to the operation teams
• Prepares and oversees all HR procedures in relation to management of daily workers
• Participates in internal and external meetings as requested by Project Manager • Ensures coordination with external stakeholders and accountability of PUI actions in the field as requested by Project Manager
• Prepares and follows-up on procurements for the project needs in coordination with and under guidance of Project Manager
• Reviews tender documents and evaluates the technical criteria in relation to the tender bids.
• Supports Logistics Department in identification of the materials needed in both quality and quantity
• Coordinates all actions with Project Manager REPORTING, DOCUMENTATION AND MONITORING
• Develops and provides progress reports, activity or field visit reports and other reporting materials according to internal PUI processes and upon request of Project Manager
• Assists in drafting of final project report under the guidance of Project Manager and in accordance with donor’s reporting requirements
• Ensures timely development and collection of all documentation necessary to conduct Shelter related activities
• Ensures quality and proper storage of documentation related to project activities
• Ensures high quality documentation of the project activities and project results achieved
• Ensures adherence to PUI standards, procedures and regulations in all his or her actions SAFETY & SECURITY OF PERSONS AND ASSETS
• Ensures that the safety and security plan is understood by the team under his/her responsibility and that the safety and security rules are followed
• Assists in collecting information on the safety and security of his/her area of operations and reports important developments to Project Manager regularly
• Ensures availability of safety equipment on the sites such as helmets, safety shoes, gloves, etc.
• Provides occupation safety and health training on the selected sites
• Maintains awareness of the social and political dynamics in the field at all times, and provides information to Project Manager at regular or ad hoc basis whenever required
• Strictly follows do not harm principles across activities (such as approach and beneficiaries selection criteria)
• Remains alerted at all times, and timely reports to Project Manager any unusual developments or identified security and safety risks to the teams, beneficiaries, PUI assets or project activities. The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• BS in civil engineering or other relevant discipline
• Training and knowledge of project management cycle
• Training in occupational safety and health
• Training and understanding of humanitarian sector and principles an asset WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in the Shelter sector
• Minimum 1 year of work experience with an NGO LANGUAGE
• Fluency in Arabic • Basic level of English TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Strong command of AutoCAD or other relevant design software
• Strong computer skills (word processing software Word, Excel; Email)
• Knowledge of Shelter sphere standards and guidelines QUALIFICATION
• Integrity: works with trust and integrity; and commitment to PUI standards and core humanitarian principles
• Communication skills: developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of PUI. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and work with both local and international staff; works in a sensitive and participatory manner
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy (especially with regard to collection and analysis of data)
• Team management skills
• Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security Works and lives with a flexible and adaptable manner. Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
In order to submit an application, all candidates are invited to fill the following google form by clicking on the link below:
Premiere Urgence will proceed to the preselection of candidates on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the advertisement as soon as a candidate is identified for the position. Therefore, you are kindly invited to submit your application as soon as possible. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that all applications received by email or by paper will not be considered. Only those submitted through the application link will be processed.
Premiere Urgence International thank you for your interest in the organization.